No announcement yet.

Wrong version (3.6.4 reports as 3.0.7)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrong version (3.6.4 reports as 3.0.7)

For some reason (and I can't figure it out, probably a hack I installed) my 3.6.4 vBulletin displays as 3.0.7

Will this affect an import I have planned?

Is there any way to fix this, either manually, or troubleshoot why it changed in the first place? I can't remember when it changed, but the forum itself is definitely NOT 3.0.7.

thanks.

Yes, fix this before you run an upgrade.
    Note we can't provide support for customized forums. Uninstall the hack and make sure all your files are default vBulletin.

admin control panel > maintenance > diagnostics > suspect file version

Comment

I have a fair few hacks and plugins, I wouldn't know where to start...should I disable the hacks or do I really have to fully uninstall them? There is probably some pretty intensive template editing to undo as well...

That diagnostic sees all of the files as either not expected or not part of (default) vbulletin.

Comment

Upload the original 3.6.4 files, Then run 'install/finalaupgrade.php'. Make sure that the XML file versions in the upper right hand corner of the page show 3.6.4.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thank you. worked like a dream.

Comment

I have the same issue upgrading from 3.7.4 to 3.8.1. I notice the admin control panel has the wrong version listed. Still shows 3.7.4, everything else on the site appears to be 3.8.1.

I ran the diagnostic and see this:
            upgrade_372.php File not recognized as part of vBulletin
            upgrade_373.php File not recognized as part of vBulletin
            upgrade_374.php File not recognized as part of vBulletin

Can I reupload just these files and rerun the upgrade script? Any reason why these 3 files did not get overwritten with the other files when I performed the upgrade?

Thanks!

Comment

Hi
              I want to know if you have replaced all the file, since you have found of the not compatible file with the new version.
              http://vbulletinitaly.it

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X