Importing question phpbbcity.com, phpBB --> vBulletin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Importing question phpbbcity.com, phpBB --> vBulletin

Is it possible to connect to the database of a phpbbcity.com hosted site, which is currently free and import it into vBulletin?

And if not, if it possible to download the database from the adminCP of phpBB, and somehow use that to import into vBulletin??
    MCSE, MVP, CCIE
    Microsoft Beta Team

I would be 99.9999999% sure that remote connections aren't allowed, common for good security.

Will have to be a "grab the source and run" then do the import some where else, I'm guessing.
    I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Hey Jerry,

I have never seen the inside of phpBB admincp, i will tonight when my friend gets back online.
      Do you know if there is an option to download the database from there?
      And if i could grab the database from the admincp, could i push that database up to my server via SSH, then import it to vB from there??

Thanks

Joe
      MCSE, MVP, CCIE
      Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

Most free web forum hosts do not allow you to access the mySQL database. They each charge for the database access or they just wont do it.

Comment

I haven't seen the inside of the admincp there either, it would have to have a backup option or allow some kind of phpMyAdmin access.
          I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Yes, it does have a backup option, but when you try to backup phpBB at phpbbcity the backup option gives you a "disabled for security reasons" message..
            MCSE, MVP, CCIE
            Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Gronlund View Post
              Yes, it does have a backup option, but when you try to backup phpBB at phpbbcity the backup option gives you a "disabled for security reasons" message..
              Hmmm ...... well not a lot I can do about that

Have to contact them directly asking for a mysqldump I suppose.
              I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X