Importing from PNphpBB2 - One user doesn't show up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Importing from PNphpBB2 - One user doesn't show up

I'm importing from the latest version of PNphpBB2 intil 3.6.5 and I have only ONE user that isn't showing up. That's pretty good, but this user needs to be in the system.

I can't figure out why it's not coming over, but I have done everything to try to force it. Is there a way to manually move it over?
    sigpic
    Life is just a Big Skid

So did Impex show that all users except one imported? If not, what is the specific issue?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

1024 users in the PNphpBB2 database.
      1021 users were imported.

3 users were not imported. I have no idea why they were singled out. I am looking at the database to see if they were special somehow.

1) Impex brought over banned users, inactive users and more.
      2) I had deleted some user groups, it brought those over as well.
      3) This person had formerly been a moderator, I stripped them of moderator status before the move. Maybe the cause?
      4) They have posts for rooms that they are no longer allowed to get into? Maybe the cause?
      sigpic
      Life is just a Big Skid

Comment

Does that user have posts on the forum? If so, you can manually create a new account with that username, note the new userid number, then run this query to associate all those posts with that account:

UPDATE post SET userid='xxx' WHERE username='UserName';

...with 'xxx' being the new userid number and 'UserName' being the username.

After this rebuild the thread and forum counters in that order:

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Update Counters

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

During the import, any and all posts with this username were not imported. An error occured, something like 'invalid userid'
          sigpic
          Life is just a Big Skid

Comment

That's the problem then. Whatever changes you made to this user affected the ability to import him or his posts. I'm not familiar enough with PNphpBB2 to even guess what you would have to do to fix this in the source database.

I suggest looking at the source data, either through the PNphpBB2 interface or directly in the database to see if you can make sure that user and his posts is set up exactly like any other user.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

I found it. The email address had been deleted manually (banned user) so they couldn't get back into the system ... blah blah blah.

I made a fake email address and it all came into the system!
              sigpic
              Life is just a Big Skid

Comment

Nice job.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X