X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XXP
    replied
    Originally posted by MattGreer View Post
    ... I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong.

ImpEx will not run unless I put the target database information in the ImpExConfig.php.
    I was getting the same message. I ignored the message and ImpEx found the database OK to run and do everything except manage its own "sessions".

Weird. I'll try putting in the data as you did to see if the problem with managing sessions goes away.

(When I say "manage its own sessions" -- I mean mainly the matter of deleting the session artifacts from the database.)

Leave a comment:

• MattGreer
    replied
    Yes, I did upload that directory into the /forum/ directory.

I can get ImpEx to run fine, but I'm having to complete a step that, as indicated in the ImpEx file I shouldn't need to complete. That's why I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong.

ImpEx will not run unless I put the target database information in the ImpExConfig.php.

Leave a comment:

• Colin F
    replied
    Did you upload the /impex/ folder into the folder your forum is in?

In any case, it doesn't matter, as ImpEx will run fine either way.

Leave a comment:

• MattGreer
    replied
    No no, I've done all that. I guess I'm just wondering because the ImpExConfig.php file says that it should be able to read the /includes/config.php, but it can't.

PHP Code:
    # If impex is installed in vBulletin you can ignore the target details
    # as includes/config.php 
    So that's why I'm asking whether or not there is an install procedure, or if it's simply uploading the files, which is what I've been doing.

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Colin F
    replied
    You need to install vBulletin first, and then upload the ImpEx files and adjust ImpExConfig.php. It doesn't make a difference if ImpEx reads the details from config.php or ImpExConfig.php

Leave a comment:

• MattGreer
    started a topic ImpEx cannot read config.php

ImpEx cannot read config.php

I have to manually enter the target db details.

All I do is upload the ImpEx files, correct? Does this constitute an "install", or is there an other procedure?

Thanks.