When things fail, how to check?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When things fail, how to check?

I'm having some problems importing but I'll deal with those later. For now, when I import attachments, all it tells me is that attachments failed. How do I find out which attachments in which posts failed?
    Onwards,

Matt

I'm getting the hang of this import thingy, but, I have 9 attachments (out of 700+) that fail during the import process.

So....

bump ditty bump ditty bump bump bump this thread

How do I figure out which attachments (either by post or by attachment name) failed during the process?

Thank you!
    Onwards,

Matt

Comment

Unfortunately unless you can catch the name during the import process there is no log kept to say which ones failed and I don't really know how to check. Maybe Jerry will have some ideas but I think it would require building in some sort of logging function to Impex (which in itself would be a good idea.)
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Unfortunately, the script only shows that an attachment failed, it doesn't show the name.

That said, will the forum show me which files in the "attachments" directory are not used? I copied over all the attachments from the other forum, so they're all there. If the forum can tell me what files in that directory aren't used then I will know which failed.

edit: Well, I'm not finding a way to find unused files. Is there a place in the database with a list of attachments? I could do a simple SELECT query or something and pull out the list and compare that with a directory list.
        Last edited by MattGreer; Sun 11 Mar '07, 6:36pm.
        Onwards,

Matt

Comment

I do believe some of the importers do show which file is not found during the import.

The 'attachment' table lists all the attachments.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I got my list:

SELECT 'filename' FROM 'attachment'

I'll just export the list and compare to the directory list. Cool.
            Onwards,

Matt

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X