Import from 3.6.4 to 3.6.5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Import from 3.6.4 to 3.6.5

I am moving my forum from one domain to another on the same server. I was trying to start with a fresh forum then importing:

Users
    Usergroups (w/settings)
    Forums (w/permissions)
    Threads

The only thing I've been able to import sucessfully is the Users, Forums, Threads and Posts. The usergroup settings are all default as well as forum permissions. Everyone suddenly had access to EVERYTHING. NOT GOOD! Also, the forums were all imported under strange categories and out of order.

Subscriptions also would not import well.

Is there something I'm missing.

Thx.

Why are you using impex to do a server move? It would be so much simplier just to dump the database, restore it, and upgrade.

Comment

It's not a server move. It's the same server, different domain name. I wanted to start with a fresh database and only import what I wanted. There was a lot of junk left in it and I had no clue how to go about cleaning it up.

Comment

You could have went to phpMyAdmin, and removed the unwanted tables.
        vBulletin 5.0 coming soon... :confused:
        Visit my site today!

Comment

Thx...but now that I've already done this, is there a way to keep forum and usergroup permissions?

Comment

Now I'm having another issue, which I thought was server related, but I was directed to vbulletin. As I'm importing posts, it hangs at 140,000 posts and gives me a white page. When I select import again, I get the same white page after a few seconds of trying. I contacted my server manager and was told:

I guess your best bet would be to get in touch with IMPEX developers / support / community to find out what might be causing it to fail. The only thing in its failure that might be "related to us" is if you're seeing QoS alerts in your Virtuozzo Power Panel around the time when it fails. If this is the case this will mean that this tools requires more resources than your VPS is allowed to use. If you're not seeing QoS alerts there, then the problem must be somewhere in the tool you're trying to use and/or with any requirements this tool might have.
            I'm not having any alerts on my server. And the loads are low. Any ideas what might cause a timeout? Is Impex not suggested for larger forums (about 450,000) posts?

Thanks for any information.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X