Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ImpEx Importing Attachments Hangs

Hey guys,

I'm trying to import a PHPBB2 board to VB3 and have successfully pulled everything BUT attachments over. When I import the attachments, it gets to #5000 and hangs. Doesn't complete anything. I've done it twice now. Anyone have any ideas?

This may be a server time and/or memory limit. To temporarily up your limits edit your includes/config.php file and add these lines right under the <?php line:

ini_set('memory_limit', 32 * 1024 * 1024);
    ini_set("max_execution_time", "800");
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I was trying one more time to get the import in, and now I get a "Page Cannot Be Displayed error in Impex and can't get anything back. Any idea there?...

Comment

I tried your solution, Steve. It did the same thing. Stops at "4750 to 5000", and doesn't go back to the import page...any ideas?

Comment

Try clearing out the Impex session and starting over. To do that, run this query:

DELETE FROM datastore WHERE title='ImpExSession';

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

How do I run the query? I've actually cleared everything 3 times. Down to the clean databases and still have the same problem. It stops at 5000.

Comment

If you have followed my instructions in post #2, then this is either a server issue or a problem wih the phpBB database - perhaps a bad table or record. First try repairing the phpBB database.

You can run queries in the SQL tab in phpMyAdmin, or to run queries from the Admin CP:

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Execute SQL Query -> Manual Query

Then enter your query in the Manual Query box and click on 'Continue'.

To run queries you first need to give yourself permission to run queries in the Admin CP. To do this, edit this section of config.php:

// ****** USERS WITH QUERY RUNNING PERMISSIONS ******
              // The users specified here will be allowed to run queries from the control panel.
              // See the above entries for more information on the format.
              // Please note that the ability to run queries is quite powerful. You may wish
              // to remove all user IDs from this list for security reasons.
              $canrunqueries = 'x';

...with x being your userid number.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

I can't even imagine where to start with the database. What should I look for? You wouldn't be willing to look at it would you? I've got everything but the attachments moved so far. It's just really frustrating me at this point. After this, I'm going to skin it and launch it. Everything has worked great so far, though!

Comment

You can repair the phpBB database with phpMyAdmin.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

OK, I repaired the database and tried again...still the same result. Does ImpEx have a debug function to report errors that needs to be turned on? Maybe something will come up?

Comment

If it's stopping at the same place them it's got to be a problem with a specific attachment. Unfortunately I do not know how to troubleshoot or fix this. I'm afraid you'll need to wait until Jerry is available to help with this. Sorry.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Here's what I did...I ended up taking the attachments after where it ended and dropped them from the table to see what happens and it worked just fine. Now, when I re-build the attachment thumbnails, I get "Error - Attachments Missing" when I run the counter updates...Not sure what to do there...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X