Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ltjman22
    replied
    I know that! Anyway, I know it doesn't dump any data, I have done it about 3 times. But still no fix for the PM issue. I have a support ticket with you guys that is open right now on the issue. I thought that I read this is a database error on one other thread, but not certain? Anyway, I have never heard of ssh, but will search and give it a try! I have tried to restore the database myself at the other server, and I was getting lot's of errors, so that won't work? Any other suggestions for me at this time?

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    If your changing servers, just use ssh or request that your host dump your database then restore it at the new server. And asking you to reupload your files is not a big issue, it wont remove any data from your site.

Leave a comment:

• ltjman22
    replied
    Already posted here about it and got a knock off answer like reupload all files. There are more problems than just the pm issues. Like slow servers and such, so this is going to be a good change. Have any answers to what's going on with my questions? Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    You importing your board to fix a pm issue? Have you tried fixing the pm issue before you go though such drastic measures?

Leave a comment:

• ltjman22
    started a topic Clean impex question!

Clean impex question!

I have two servers now! I have a running board on one server and it has a PM issue which triggered my new install and impex of the other database! On my new server I did a clean install of 3.6.4 and it is working fine with a database named forum for the default install! BTW, the other server is running 3.6.4 also so it is the same version on both sides of this! The first thing I tried was to backup the old database and restore it to the new server, but that caused buku errors on the new install. So, I am going with impex to do this! I have uploaded impex to the new server and the admin cp was displaying import fine. When I go to run import, I get a source information error.

My real question here is I am confused on where the source database needs to be located at? I left the database attached to the old server and vbulletin to keep the other board running fine. But somehow I cannot get the config file right for the import. Do I need to have a backup of the source database located on the server or what? Could I get an example of what the config file should look like before the upload, and also where the target and source databases are located.

I have read virtually every thread thru search on here and have found no dummy step by step stuff, which is what I need! Thanks in advance for all the help here!
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X