Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm sure I'm missing something obvious

But I'd appreciate some help.

I'm trying to use Impex to transfer an SMF forum to vB. As part of the process, I've changed what the forum url will be (currently it is mydomainname.com/forums and I'm changing that to name.mydomainname.com).

I installed a clean install of vB on the new url. I installed Impex. What I can't figure out is how to get the information from the OLD forum database to the NEW one. I'm sure it is something very simple, but I can't figure it out.

What do I need to do?

Also, I'm getting this error while trying to find the database I need:

ImpEx Database errormysql error: cannot use database Forums

mysql error: Access denied for user 'myp'@'localhost' to database 'Forums'

mysql error number: 1044

Date: Wednesday 14th of February 2007 01:37:47 PM
    Database: Forums
    MySQL error: Access denied for user 'myp'@'localhost' to database 'Forums'

Comment

I got that figured out but now have a different problem. I cut and pasted from my SMF database and something must have been different because it says everything imported now.

The big issues I now have are that 1) there is a message showing my co-administrator that she is banned, even though none of the bans imported at all and 2) even though Impex shows that everything imported, on the 1st page of my forum nothing is showing up.

Comment

One more note - ALL of my members (except me) are banned but no one is showing in the banned log.
        Last edited by Lyrehc; Wed 14 Feb '07, 1:28pm. Reason: finishing thought

Comment

1. Check your Usergroup permissions and make sure that "This Usergroup is not a 'Banned' Group" is set to 'Yes' for the groups that you do NOT want banned.

2. Please follow the 'After the Import' instructions here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/impex_cleanup

This should solve those issues.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Yeah that's not working (I'm the co-admin). I finally could see the board again, and tried logging in, but it sent me into a loop of "reset your password", then "your email isn't valid" (it is), and then said I was banned again.

Comment

Fill out a support ticket at:

http://members.vbulletin.com/members...ontactform.php

Please include a complete description of the problem and be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP in the 'Sensitive Data' field.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I had to delete the import and reinstall impex, and then delete it again --
                and then it worked. I'm not sure what caused the problem, but most things appear to be working now.

Comment

Nope still screwed up. I can see the board again - it's as though the ban expires, and when I tried to log in again just now, it said the server was too busy and then told me I was banned again.

This is immensely frustrating.

Comment

If you followed my instructions then please fill out a support ticket as I requested so we can help.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
                      If you followed my instructions then please fill out a support ticket as I requested so we can help.
                      Thank you - we got it taken care of. vB didn't like some of the user groups that SMF had. When members got moved to other user groups, the bans went away.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X