• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YABB SE Issues

formalities:
    source board: yabb se
    problems: various
    time to import: cant remember, lots

suprisingly, there isnt much about yabbse on here. i thought it was a more popular board, but i guess not. i have seemed to resolve most of the typical issues (members not showing in the list, boards, messages, topics not showing). so everything seems to be ok, except private messages are just not going to port over whatsoever. those are going to have to be acceptable collateral damage i assume, which honestly, i could care less.

here is the issue that sends chills down my spine - no passwords. i have 14,000+ members, many of which are obnoxious, and/or have changed their emails addressees, or havent been on in years, but still come back periodically. this is a major problem and cause for concern to have to have everyone reset their password.

i have read on here that yabbse is thought to be md5 and hence should bring the passwords with the users in the import. my question simplified: is this the case? can someone verify that this is a possiblity and if so, maybe point me in the direction of what i have done wrong to do a new import to correct this (i have to do another anyways, at time of actual launch).

thanks a lot,
    chris

quick addition: polls didnt survive in working form either. just remnants of polls and their options.

try here..
    http://www.yabbforum.com/community/
    Simple Straight Forward EU cPanel vBulletin Web Hosting Provider.

Comment

i could be wrong, but why would that site help me leave yabb and go to vbulletin? thats a site to support people converting to yabb, not from.

Comment

Which version of YaBB SE were you running?

Fill out a support ticket at:

http://members.vbulletin.com/members...ontactform.php

Please include a complete description of the problem and be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP in the 'Sensitive Data' field.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by tecdady View Post
          i could be wrong, but why would that site help me leave yabb and go to vbulletin? thats a site to support people converting to yabb, not from.
          and where in your post does it say to are converting from YaBB to VB?..
          Simple Straight Forward EU cPanel vBulletin Web Hosting Provider.

Comment

Originally posted by WEBDosser View Post
            and where in your post does it say to are converting from YaBB to VB?..
            eh.. second line down

ill fill out a trouble ticket. it was yabbse 1.5.5.
            chris

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X