Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Well honestly this is the first time I've ever heard of phpBB2 passwords not importing. If you are absolutely sure of this, then please report this in the 3.6 Bug Tracker here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/bugs36.php

Leave a comment:

• turiel
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
    The phpBB2 passwrods should have imported fine. Can you duplicate this problem yourself?
    I'm not too sure how exactly you wanted me to duplicate it, but here's what I've done:

- Created a new user in phpbb
    - Imported it to VB
    = Unable to login using the password from phpbb.

Looked at the password field in the user table, the phpbb one and the vb one differ for the imported user.

- Replaced the VB password with the PHPBB password.
    = Still unable to login.

- Replaced the PHPBB password with the VB password.
    = Able to login to PHPBB with the password from VB.

Hope this helps.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    The phpBB2 passwrods should have imported fine. Can you duplicate this problem yourself?

Leave a comment:

• turiel
    replied
    Seems I spoke too soon. While the problem mentioned above is resolved, users still cannot login to the system. It reports invalid username/password.

I've read the section in the ImpEx doc that says passwords from all board sources may not be compatible. I didn't see any message regarding this when importing, although I could be mistaken (again!). Can it use the phpBB2 passwords correctly? The password field is populated in the DB.

If they reset their password through the Lost Password interface it works correctly, I'm very reluctant to do this on a site-wide basis though.

Leave a comment:

• turiel
    replied
    My apologies for not being able to read. Sorted now, thanks. I did set up user groups but hadn't moved people out of the Imported Users group.

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    And you've set up the user groups and/or moved them to the registered group ?

Leave a comment:

• turiel
    replied
    Originally posted by Kerry-Anne View Post
    Make sure that you follow the after the import instructions which can be found here:
    http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/main/impex_cleanup
    Thanks for your reply. I've followed those instructions, as well as running every other 'update' option on that maintenance screen.

Its also worth noting that if I 'View Users' from within the AdminCP, they all show up.

Leave a comment:

• peterska2
    replied
    Make sure that you follow the after the import instructions which can be found here:
    http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/main/impex_cleanup

Leave a comment:

• turiel
    started a topic Imported phpBB users not in memberlist

Imported phpBB users not in memberlist

I've used impex to import members from phpBB into the latest version of vBulletin. It was into a clean install with no other data present, except the admin user I originally created.

I can see all the imported users in the vb_user table. However, the do not appear in the members list nor can they login.

They do not appear on the main forum page under thread title.

In the thread view inside a forum, they do appear and you can click on their profile.

I've run all of the 'update' options in the AdminCP Maintenance section.

Any idea?
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X