Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HappyDJ
    replied
    Dont suppose you do this for £ do you? im having alot of trouble with it. Need it done ASAP but work is taking alot of my time

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    It definitely looks like the info iin your ImpExConfig.php file was wrong,. At this point I recommend reinstalling vB and redoing the import fromn the beginning.

If you get any errors, stop and report them rather that trying to force the import to go through.

Leave a comment:

• HappyDJ
    started a topic Snitz 3.4.06 to VB 3.6.4

Snitz 3.4.06 to VB 3.6.4

I have been trying to import from my Snitz forum to my new upgraded VB forum.

I have followed everything on here, to the best of my ability, however I am still not having any luck. It has got to the point now that I can't even start again because now it can't connect to the source database.

I tried doing the inport viz the admin CP, I got the usual message - certin tables can't be found. I then continued, I tried to associate myself with my username (finding my username from the source list of users and adding the ID of 1 (since thats my user ID in VB) I got the message couldnt associate (or something like that)

I continued anyways (thinking if worse comes to worse, I will just manually edit the database once the date is there)

I tried to import the users, then got the message about there being no avatar table, (the SQL error messgae) and I couldnt continue. So I thought I would start again and see if I can find some more help. So I clicked on the 'Database Cleanup and Reset' and got the following message:

ImpEx can not read the target database details from impex/ImpExConfig.php OR ../includes/config.php.
    Please enter the target database details in ImpExConfig, or run ImpEx installed opposed to standalone.

So, I then clicked on Import from the Import menu on the left hand side in the Admin CP... and got this message:

ImpEx Database errormysql error: Invalid SQL: SELECT * FROM FORUM_MEMBERS ORDER BY MEMBER_ID LIMIT 0,

mysql error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1

mysql error number: 1064

Date: Monday 05th of February 2007 02:46:49 AM
    Database: [database name]
    MySQL error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1

-----------------

So I have no idea what to do - I can't clean uup and start again, and I cant move forward. Does anyone have any ideas what could be the problem?

Thanks to anyone that could help me in advance
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X