Help with IMPEX and PHPP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with IMPEX and PHPP

I am currently running PHPBB and am going to upgrade to VBulletin. I'm reading all the instructions about using the IMPEX import system and am curious if anyone can help me understand how I make a backup of my current boards/source to another location on my site so I can test and try it before I proceed. Do I just install a new copy of PHPBB and then link it to a copy of that database? Sorry if I seem dense here.

The imprt will not affect or change anything on your phpBB database so there is no need to do that.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

i had just read that it could affect it if i do a test install/import if my database is active on phpbb so that's why i ask.

Comment

You want to close your phpBB forums so the data will be static when you do the import.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X