Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Imported from SMF...strange things happened...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Imported from SMF...strange things happened...

Hi,

I was running SMF 1.1RC2 and did a quick import to a test vBulletin 3.6.4, freshly installed with vBadvanced CMPS 2.2.1.

Yes, I did indeed follow everything in the manual and I did ran everything in the maintenance section.

The move is far less smooth than from phpBB -> SMF which I did 2 years ago but anyway, here are my problems:

1. Very strangely, only a few posts are actually displayed on the forum, despite the statistics being more or less correct...for example, 'The Lounge' forum has 84 threads and 784 posts which are 100% correct statistics but the forum only contains 5 posts when I open it(!).

2. Polls. They were not imported at all and ImpEx gave an error. ImpEx says 'Invalid ImpExData object, skipping. Failed on : dateline'.

3. Attachments. These were not imported at all either. ImpEx says 'Source file not found :: whatever.zip' (but they exist in the source board!)

4. Nobody can login. I think the password was not imported.

5. Avatars. No avatar is visible, weather they were stored internally or simply links to an external source.

6. Everyone's birthday is 'January 1'...(?!)

7. Signature. No signature is viewable in anyones'.

These are the major issues I have noted instantly. I will post more as time goes by. I also miss the sub-forums of SMF (which was an excellent feature) but I suppose that is just something I will have to live with vBulletin.

I hope you can help me getting my new vBulletin forum up and running.

1. See this:

How Do I Set Forums to Display All Posts

2. Not sure what happened with that. Fill out a support ticket:

http://members.vbulletin.com/members...ontactform.php
    Please include a complete description of the problem and be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP in the 'Sensitive Data' field.

3. Same as #2.

4. I believe your users will need to reset their passwords after the SMF import. You can read more about this here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/impex_passwords

5-7. Same as #2.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Yes, we imported from SMH and have the exact same issues. These are bugs in impex.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X