• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SMF 1.1 to vB 3.6.4 : some tables not found

Hi,
    I have just purchased vB.
    I am encountering some issues when importing my SMF 1.1 RC2 to vB 3.6.4

When i run the "Check and update database" module, the output is as follow :
    Code:
    Valid found tables :

smf_attachments found. 
    smf_board_permissions found. 
    smf_boards found. 
    smf_calendar found. 
    smf_calendar_holidays found. 
    smf_categories found. 
    smf_collapsed_categories found. 
    smf_log_actions found. 
    smf_log_activity found. 
    smf_log_banned found. 
    smf_log_boards found. 
    smf_log_errors found. 
    smf_log_floodcontrol found. 
    smf_log_karma found. 
    smf_log_mark_read found. 
    smf_log_notify found. 
    smf_log_online found. 
    smf_log_polls found. 
    smf_log_topics found. 
    smf_membergroups found. 
    smf_members found. 
    smf_messages found. 
    smf_moderators found. 
    smf_permissions found. 
    smf_poll_choices found. 
    smf_polls found. 
    smf_sessions found. 
    smf_settings found. 
    smf_smileys found. 
    smf_themes found. 
    smf_topics found. 

Possiablly custom tables or incorrect prefix :

[COLOR=Red]smf_banned NOT found. 
    smf_im_recipients NOT found. 
    smf_instant_messages NOT found. 
    smf_log_search NOT found. [/COLOR]

If you have all red tables, i.e. none correct this could possible be your table prefix : 

jos_
    When i check the database, i can see that some tables have not been imported : e.g. :
    smf_ban_groups
    smf_ban_items
    smf_log_search_messages
    smf_log_search_results
    smf_log_search_subjects
    smf_log_search_topics
    smf_message_icons
    smf_personal_messages
    smf_pm_recipients
    smf_postmoderation

I would like to know if these tables have been skipped intently ?
    Because when i continue, i have some others issues. For example, i cannot import polls and not all the private messages can be imported.

I would like to know also, where to find logs for the failed actions.

It's not a case of them being skipped, its a case of them not existing in the source database. I dare say its a SMF version issue, try upgrading to the latest SMF.
    I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry View Post
      It's not a case of them being skipped, its a case of them not existing in the source database. I dare say its a SMF version issue, try upgrading to the latest SMF.
      I have the latest SMF also installed (version 1.1.1) and if i check the database, there are no tables named :

smf_banned .
      smf_im_recipients .
      smf_instant_messages .
      smf_log_search .

However, i still can see tables :
      smf_ban_groups
      smf_ban_items
      smf_log_search_messages
      smf_log_search_results
      smf_log_search_subjects
      smf_log_search_topics
      smf_message_icons
      smf_personal_messages
      smf_pm_recipients
      smf_postmoderation

------------
      Alsp, after the import, i can see that threads and posts in vB do not have the same ids that threads and posts from the source : SMF .
      How can i have the same ids from SMF to vB, because that will help me to make some 301 redirections in my .htaccess.
      Thanks

Comment

How far will the import get with out failing ?

As for redirects, this will over it :

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=178161

Though it doesn't currently support SMF, that would need to be added.
        I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

I just ported over from smf a few days back

those tables wont make a big difference unless you have a LOT of banned members
          in that case note down their ID's before import

because once u import everyone gets unbanned

also do not import PMs - they will all end up in the admin's inbox!
          So leave them out if u can or empty your PM tables in SMf first (ask on smf how)

furthermore as for the url redirects, I am doing those manually - got some team members on the task...but ah well u cant have it all lol

PS: I would also recommend you upgrade to SMF 1.1.1 before the import since 1.1.1 is the current stable release
          Last edited by akulion; Mon 29 Jan '07, 4:17pm.

Comment

Aku, I have upgraded from SMF as well.. hehehehe

after using ImPex none has been imported but it shows all imported. Kindly can you tell how did you manage to import from smf?

Comment

is that u roarin row? lol

Comment

hehehe

Originally posted by akulion View Post
                is that u roarin row? lol
                No... I followed you here. LOL

Comment

get used to site jumping

main ones: vbulletin.org and .com

additional support vbhackers.com

but if u need any help just let me know

and one very imp thing: DO NOT delete your SMF forum - even after successful port to vB
                  The reason is because if u get rid of that dB and later discover some issue - then u wont be able to have an old backup to try the port again

also after u have successfully transferred over and feel everything is working - take a backup of your vB board as well

Comment

also after u have successfully transferred over and feel everything is working - take a backup of your vB board as well
                    It's also best to take a back up just before starting the import, that way if you need to restart the import, you can just restore that back up.

i.e. I have a ssh open as I'm testing imports with :

Code:
                    mysql -u jerry -p vb_3_6_4 < pre_import_backup.sql
                    Then you can just keep restoring it with a click.
                    I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

I am in the critical phase, because this is my last test before i launch the upgrade in my Production site.
                      I have set up a clean version of SMF 1.1.1. But, i still have the same tables.

About the import, i have some issues :
                      - Only some users have their signatures imported.

- No poll can be imported.

- Importing avatars, looks like successfull, but avatars are not associated to the user

Please, i need some help if you know what is going wrong.
                      Also, i don't know where i can find any logs of the Impex tellin for example why it did'nt import the polls

I just ported over from smf a few days back

(...)

also do not import PMs - they will all end up in the admin's inbox!
                      So leave them out if u can or empty your PM tables in SMf first (ask on smf how)
                      Our old users would like to get thei PMs like before the upgrade.

Comment

I managed to get the signatures of all users imported and to have each user with his/her PMs.

Now, the problem that i need to resolve is the Polls and the Avatars.
                        During the IMPEX,
                        - The polls were not imported
                        - The avatars were imported, but i cannot see them in the customavatars folder.
                        In SMF, the avatars are in the attachments and all avatars are named like this :

avatar_<importuserid>.jpg/.png/.gif

I can move these files manually. But, what are the SQL UPDATE Statement to associate the avatars to the userids ? Idem for the polls ?

Comment

In my case avatars were removed as well, I just reuploaded them and told users to kindly update avatars. from the library.

I had to manually remove peoples signatures and tell them to remake those as well

attatchments I didnt have so didnt have to face that problem.

Polls I lost

But despite everything my users were very understanding seeing how it was a huge deal to transfer from one system to another.

as for PMs being lost its just best to let ur users know to save important pms because ur database it about to be ported

hope that helps u somehow

Comment

In my case avatars were removed as well, I just reuploaded them and told users to kindly update avatars. from the library.

I had to manually remove peoples signatures and tell them to remake those as well

attatchments I didnt have so didnt have to face that problem.

Polls I lost

But despite everything my users were very understanding seeing how it was a huge deal to transfer from one system to another.

as for PMs being lost its just best to let ur users know to save important pms because ur database it about to be ported

hope that helps u somehow
                            Thanks, I thought it was easy to run UPDATE and SELECT statements to fix that since vB and SMF tables are on the same database.
                            The real problem for me is the poll, because i have lots of significant polls associated to thread. So I can't imagine them lost.

Please, if you have any idea.

Comment

Polls no idea, I think it would be best to start a thread in specific asking help on polls

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X