Merging a few forums, some issues with back to back import

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Merging a few forums, some issues with back to back import

So I successfully imported one vb3.6 forum into another vb3.6 forum (merging the two sites)

But I never ran the cleanup modules as everythng worked perfectly and seamlessly. I then deleted all the impex files, etc and moved on.

Today I want to import a 3rd vb3.6 forum into this newly merged forum, and i reuploaded a fresh impex but as son as I go to do the import it brings up the data from the first import I did (including listing the option to REDO MODULE). Now i'm afraid to do anyhting at this point since it may trash the already successful first import.

I tried to use the "database cleanup & restart" tag in order to tell the system to start fresh

but I get this message:

ImpEx can not read the target database details from impex/ImpExConfig.php OR ../includes/config.php.
    Please enter the target database details in ImpExConfig, or run ImpEx installed opposed to standalone.

Btw, I'm not running Impex standalone, i'm running it in admincp. The target database details I did not enter into the impexconfig file since its not needed to be entered and it worked fine without any change last time.

Is there anyway to go into the database and/or filesystem to remove any trace that the old import was done so I can do this third import fresh? instead of vb thinking an import was already done and only rpesenting me the option to REDO modules from the first import

Thanks for any help!

Ok i solved it by adding in my target db info into the impexconfig, strage that it doesnt recoginize it for the cleanup portion of the import.. maybee a bug?

Comment

If the REDO module and data from the old import is there, then the ImpExSession is still in the target database from the original import, deleting the session from the target database will solve that.

impex/help.php does get its target database details from ImpExConfig.php it is this way for ImpEx is running standalone.
      I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X