Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wbb -> vB 3.6.4 issues

Hello,

I just do some migration testings with my large wbb and have some issues.

1.) I created my account in advance on the vB and set uption to "merge account with same email addresses". after the migration I have the "myusername" and "imported_myusername".
    Shouldn't the old "myusername" (from wbb) be merged with the new "myusername"?

2.) In my PM Inbox I have ALL PMs I received (so far so good) but in addition to that I have all PMs I sent in my Inbox too.

3.) Subforums in a deeper hierachie will placed in the wrong category/subforum in vB.

4.) Any chance to do the import without import usergroups? I created all groups new.

thank you

Chris

I will just answer those questions that i know the answer to:

1) If the accounts have the same email address, and are not Admin accounts, then they should be merged with that option turned on.

2) I am not sure if it is possible with a wbb import to differentiate between Send and Received PM's, i guess only Jerry can answer this or a member that has done this conversion previously.

3) Please provide examples

4) No it is not possible to do with the usergroups as relations must be made. You can however use Users -> Mass Move to place them in the correct new usergroups after the import, and then delete the imported usergroup.
    Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
    Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

Hello Marco,

thank you for the fast reply.

Could I merge the accounts by enter the new UserID next to the old Username on the "manual user mapping"? Will this work?

For example, I have 5 Toplevel Categories in wbb.

Before:
      1. CategoryA
        1. BoardAA
          1. SubBoardAAA
        2. BoardAB
        3. BoardAC
          1. SubBoardACA
          2. SubBoardACB
      2. CategoryB
        1. BoardBA
          1. SubBoardBAA
        2. BoardBB
        3. ...
      3. CategoryC
        1. BoardCA
        2. ...
      After:
      1. CategoryA
        1. BoardAA
        2. BoardAB
        3. BoardAC
        4. SubBoardAAA
        5. SubBoardBAA
      2. CategoryB
        1. BoardBA
        2. BoardBB
      3. CategoryC
        1. BoardCA
        2. ...
        3. SubBoardACA
        4. SubBoardACB

The highlighted Subboards are located wrong ...

thank you

Comment

I don't think you can map an Admin user, but you can merge the 2 accounts afterwards.

You will need to wait for Jerry to answer your sub-forum question.
        Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
        Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

Originally posted by Marco van Herwaarden View Post
          You will need to wait for Jerry to answer your sub-forum question.
          Thank you, than I will wait

Comment

Originally posted by derchris View Post
            Thank you, than I will wait
            What version of wbb ?
            I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

it is the 2.3.5.

the issue with the PMs only occure in the useraccounts that should be merged (and can not because they are admins) and imported as imported_username

Comment

Originally posted by derchris View Post
                it is the 2.3.5.

the issue with the PMs only occure in the useraccounts that should be merged (and can not because they are admins) and imported as imported_username
                Admins can't be merged during import, they have to be done afterwards with ImpEx.

This stops people merging admins with vBulletin admins during the user module then deleting the vBulletin admin during a user module re-run.
                I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X