Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jerry
    replied
    Can you import the source users from the old PhotoPost install into a fresh vBulletin, then install PhotoPost on the new install ?

Leave a comment:

• XPlus
    started a topic importing users from photopost to vb3.6.4

importing users from photopost to vb3.6.4

I've been using Photopost for a while and i got over 150 members

what i'm trying to do now is integrating my Photopost with my new 3.6.4 vBulletin

the problem is that all users are stored in the Photopost database not in the vBulletin's which makes it an unusual case of integration, because when integrating PP with VB, Photopost depends on vBulletin to get users.
    and when performing integration i eventually ended up with errors..

anyway, i've made fresh installations of both scripts and i'm trying to move the users manually from the old Photopost database to the new vBulletin database by replacing the 4 most important columns in the vb database: (id, username, password, email)

after moving the users, the problem i'm stuck with now is that Photopost desn't use SALT with passwords like vBulletin does, so users won't be able to login using their old passwords..

i thought of installing an old vb2 and then moving the users to it's DB and upgrading it to a newer version which may generates SALT for the passwords
    but i tried desperately to install any vb2 version
    i always get this message:

================================================
    Database error in vBulletin Installer : Invalid SQL: CREATE TABLE adminlog ( adminlogid int(10) unsigned DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL auto_increment, userid int(10) unsigned DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL, dateline int(10) unsigned DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL, script char(20) NOT NULL, action char(20) NOT NULL, extrainfo char(200) NOT NULL, ipaddress VARCHAR(15) NOT NULL, PRIMARY KEY (adminlogid))mysql error: Invalid default value for 'adminlogid' mysql error number: 1067 Date: Saturday 20th of January 2007 07:19:50 PMScript: /vb2/admin/install.php?step=4Referer: http://www.website.com/vb2/admin/install.php?step=3
    ================================================

is there anything can i do to generate unique SALT's for the passwords?
    Last edited by XPlus; Sun 21 Jan '07, 2:17pm.