From SMF to vB install questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From SMF to vB install questions

I've got a few questions pertaining to my recent impex import to vB. I did this one as a test run of it and glad I did.
    • Clean import
    • Source was SMF 1.1
    • Target was vB 3.6.4
    • No SQL Errors

For the most part things went very well. Obviously users will have to reset their passwords and I understand that, but all of my members are now banned, is there a quick way of lifting all bans instead of clicking on them one by one?

And my main concern is I want my vB to be in the root directory of my site, which is where my SMF is now. Do I treat the import the same exact way as i did on this test run that i did to /vbtest/ folder just to the root directory? And if I do, do i delete all my smf files in my ftp before hand so things don't "clash"?

I didn't see an explanation for how to do that in the impex guide online, but I could have missed it.

Thanks in advance for any and all help

Are they all in the banned group, or haven't you moved them into the registered group or updated their permissions in the imported usergroup ?

Do the import, then once you are happy with the tests do a final import and move the folders about, and updated the vBulletin settings to the new path and URL.
    I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X