Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Encoding & proper display problem after import..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Encoding & proper display problem after import..

Clean import - first import
    Source - SFM - 1.1
    Target - vBulletin 3.6.4

Hello,
    I'm exeperiencing difficulties after i had imported from SFM 1.1{charset: utf8, db collation: utf8_unicode_ci, pages encoding : utf8} to vbulletin 3.6.4{charset:utf8, db collation: utf8_general_ci, pages encoding: iso 8859-7}.

I tried utf8 before iso8859-7, but it failed displaying some of the greek characters properly, so i switched back (new installation) to iso8859-7.

The problem is, that after the import of SMF, its tables,posts and threads are displaying properly only in utf8 encoding but my forum has iso8859-7..

I don't want to lose my posts and threads..Is there a way to convert the db data (only the imported ones) so they display properly?

thank you in advance for your time
    Last edited by gastone_2005; Sun 31 Dec '06, 10:36am.

Not sure I can help much with character set issues, but have you tried matching the character sets of each database prior to doing the import?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

If you mean setting the same character sets in source and target db before the install and before the import then the answer is yes...But unfortunatelly the prolem remains..

The thing with the greek characters that don't display properly
      , could be due to server problems or mySQL or PHP versions?

Comment

Actually your original post shows several character set differences.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I tried many combinations..One of them was the one that you mentioned in your previous post..

Anyway, is there an idea how can thisbe fixed?Any Mysql queries that can fix it?

Comment

How can I convert posts, threads and forums from utf8 to iso-8859-7?
            attention, not as arrays..I only want to convert the content..

I tried by exporting my db in an xml file and trancoding it to iso-8859-7 but it didn't work..

there must be someway..

Comment

I asked in many forums, for this problem and i got just one answer..This one was that the wrong display could be a bug of vbulletin new version..Could this be true?

Smf had similar problems in the past, so as far as it concerns Sfm it' true..What about vbulletin? plz i'm desperate..

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X