Import stops at post import

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Import stops at post import

Al went well so far till i got to the import posts module.

It just doesn't do anything there.
    Clicked start module , then continue at the screen where you can set the amount (was on 2000 and left it unchanged) and then the next screen is :

Database cleanup & restart ||| Online manual
    Using includes/config.php for target config.

And a big blue screen for the rest , nothing happens.

What can this be ?

Update : i just did the rest of the modules and they al work to so now its just the import of posts that doesn't work.

Comment

This is what i get when i go back to import, comes up a second or so and then it goes back to the screen with the start module - redo module buttons.

I've redone it like 10 times now , changed the number of post per round to import but nothing.

HELP ? Someone ?

Comment

Ok , nevermind , i've solved it myself

Comment

what is the problem? same thing happening to me , and i dont know what to do.

Please help

Comment

i have the same problem!!!!

anyone of the vbsupport ppl have an idea?
            i allready tried to drop the import count to 2
            Visit us: FEAR-Productions.com

Comment

Originally posted by infinityloop View Post
              i have the same problem!!!!

anyone of the vbsupport ppl have an idea?
              i allready tried to drop the import count to 2
              My imports keep bombing also. Only on the posts import. I set mine to 1000 and watched it while it worked and somewhere just over 100,000 it bombs and FF displays a "Connection was reset" error.

I've tried different amounts but it always bombs.

I'm at a loss as to what I should do. Yesterday I had to restart mysql and apache just to get back into the import pages.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramones73 View Post
                Ok , nevermind , i've solved it myself

Well - What did you do to solve this error? It would have been helpful to post that info.

My import keeps hanging on Module 004 (the Users table), so I haven't even tried 005 yet because it won't run until 004 completes.

I've re-run it several times with no luck.

Comment

For others reading this, is was the avatars, if you are importing from a system that allows remotely hosted avatars, PHP and therefore ImpEx has to wait for the next work to respond and to download the image, that’s even if PHP is configured to allow opening of remote files. A lot of hosts disallow this due to security issues.

Always test the user module without avatars being imported to check.
                  I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry View Post
                    For others reading this, is was the avatars, if you are importing from a system that allows remotely hosted avatars, PHP and therefore ImpEx has to wait for the next work to respond and to download the image, that’s even if PHP is configured to allow opening of remote files. A lot of hosts disallow this due to security issues.

Always test the user module without avatars being imported to check.
                    i do not understand that..

it "fails/stops/freezes" when importing POSTS, not users or avatars.

Comment

I was answering Verbose.

I suggest starting your own thread with all the relevant details.
                      I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

I was answering Verbose.

now i am confused. because this is not Verboses thread

this thread is from Ramones73 who has the exactly same issue like i have!!!
                        and the issue from Verbose is NOT THE SAME as the one from the original thread starter!

so this thread was originaly about a failiur when importing POSTS not USERS!

so your suggestion to start a new thread should have been for Verbose, because he talks about importing users.

Originally posted by Ramones73 View Post
                        Al went well so far till i got to the import posts module.

It just doesn't do anything there.
                        Clicked start module , then continue at the screen where you can set the amount (was on 2000 and left it unchanged) and then the next screen is :

Database cleanup & restart ||| Online manual
                        Using includes/config.php for target config.

And a big blue screen for the rest , nothing happens.

What can this be ?
                        Last edited by infinityloop; Wed 24 Jan '07, 9:34pm.

Comment

As I said :

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=161907

With out knowing what system your running and with what settings we can't help you, if you start your own thread with those details we can help.
                          I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X