No announcement yet.

Importing from a SQL file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I downloaded it again and still no luck! The thing is... I can't use the importer until I've got this SQL file into a database, but I can't get it into a database because I cannot find a schematic that alloys it.

Comment

The only reliable method of restoring a database is with shell access via telnet or ssh. This is because restoring with a PHP script like that in phpMyAdmin can result in PHP timeout errors and an incomplete backup file. Please see the instructions here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/m...ce_ssh_restore

Note: Some people have reported success with these scripts:

MySQLDumper:
      http://www.mysqldumper.de/en/index.php

MySQLHotxcopy:
      http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...t=mysqlhotcopy
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by danward View Post
        I downloaded it again and still no luck! The thing is... I can't use the importer until I've got this SQL file into a database, but I can't get it into a database because I cannot find a schematic that alloys it.
        Do you mean that in the backup there are only data statements, and no statements to create to tables?

If so, then you will need to ask for a backup including the table creation statements.
        Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
        Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

Cheers for the help guys really appreciated. I have sent invisionfree an email requesting this... hopefully they won't mind sorting it out!

Comment

I have been told by Invisionfree that the only way I can do this is by buying and installing a fresh IPB 1.3 Is this true? Do they just want money?

Does anyone here have a spare IPB 1.3 I can borrow for a day? lol

Comment

You cant obtain 1.3 anymore , only people who already have it can continue to use it if they wish and you cant distribute it.

Just out of interest, how big is your database file when zipped ?

Are you sure that you cant use this method from Jerry...

Originally posted by Jerry View Post
              Create the database table schema with this :

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showp...70&postcount=4

Then load your back up into that and use it as the source for a IPB 1.3 import.
              ...to get it to work ? I dont really understand SQL too well but that should create some table layouts for you to then import your data into.
              Last edited by yellow_spider; Mon 11 Dec '06, 6:59am. Reason: forgot a bit

Comment

Yea I tried that but says that some tables are missing. It would work if there was a way to ignore the entries that there are no tables for, because then the error messages wouldn't pop-up: stopping the import.

The .sql file unzipped is about 33mb!

Comment

Yea I tried that but says that some tables are missing. It would work if there was a way to ignore the entries that there are no tables for, because then the error messages wouldn't pop-up: stopping the import.

The .sql file unzipped is about 33mb!
                  That schema has the tables that are actually needed and used opposed to the whole schema for IP 1.3

When you restore the database use the -f flag to force it and just ignore the errors and it will be fine.
                  I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Jerry this is what I have been wanting to do, the only thing is I don't know how! What is the -f flag? How can I make it continue and ignore the errors? Sorry for my lack of knowledge.

Comment

Jerry this is what I have been wanting to do, the only thing is I don't know how! What is the -f flag? How can I make it continue and ignore the errors? Sorry for my lack of knowledge.
                      Running mysql from the command line :

mysql -u user -p -f database < invisionfreefile.sql
                      I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

OK so will this work using phpmyadmin? Or do i need a different application or something?

Comment

No, you cannot run that through phpMyAdmin. You need to log into the server with telnet or SSH.
                          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X