Importing from a SQL file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Importing from a SQL file

OK guys I could really do with some help!

I have purchased the back up file for my Invisionfree forums, and I want to import it into vB 3.6 that I have freshly installed.

The problem I have is that I don't know what to do with this SQL file that contains my backed up board. It is about 33mb in size.

I tried to import the SQL using phpmyadmin and discovered that is not good for large file sizes so I then tried a PHP thing called BigDump, both said that they could not find the table that I was trying to import into. But I don't have any tables to import into, I just have an empty database ready to put the backup into.

Has anyone ever imported from Invisionfree? How did you do it? Please help me guys!

Create the database table schema with this :

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showp...70&postcount=4

Then load your back up into that and use it as the source for a IPB 1.3 import.
    I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

You are right, phpMyAdmin seems to choke on files larger than 25 meg or so.

If you have root access to your server (and if you're on a shared machine, you won't) you can log in to the shell via SSH and use command line MySQL to load the database easily

Assuming your backup is gzipped:

cd /path/to/where/dbdump/is/located
      gunzip mybackupname.gz
      mysql -uDBUSER -p DBNAME < mybackupname

(you'll need to provide DBUSER and DBNAME)

if you don't have root access, you should contact your webhost and tell them where your backup is and where you want it loaded. They do these kind of MySQL uploads for me all the time.

Comment

Cheers people, absolute legends now to see if it works!

Comment

Come another problem already! I think I need to create more tables, for the IPB 2.0 as it has said this:

MySQL: Table 'strelbiz_ibf.ibf_calendar_events' doesn't exist

Any help really appreciated!!

Comment

Has anyone created a schematic for IPB 2.0? Or is there a way to ignore the entries that can't be implemented into the database?

Comment

A missing table is not a show stopper with ImpEx (unless it is one of the required tables like users). You can simply continue, but will not be able to import any Calendar events (which you probably don't have anyways).
              Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
              Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

OK that is cool, but how can I continue without it stopping with errors? Is there a way to ignore the entries that will not work?

Comment

Guys? :P

Comment

Frankly it looks like your IPB backup is incomplete. Do you have access to the original database?
                    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

You can download it again from IF , the link to mine stayed in the support ticket for around 3-4 weeks.

If that still isnt ok, then open the ticket again (or start another one) and tell them the backup is corrupt and you need another one taking.

Mine had very minor damage (only just a few email addresses being blank) , the rest was intact.

Comment

I'll try downloading it again. If it doesn;t work I hope that invisionfree will be cooperative!

Comment

Originally posted by danward View Post
                          I'll try downloading it again. If it doesn;t work I hope that invisionfree will be cooperative!
                          They were ok with me.

If its just the same open a ticket asap and get another backup just incase there is something wrong with the one you`ve got.

Comment

I don't think its a case of the sql being corrupt, I think it just has more fields than I currently have. The tables that I created using the scripts above are for IPB 1.3, however I think the sql is IPB 2.0, thus needing more tables!

Any help?

Comment

I believe the Invisionfree backup is IPB 1.3 and you need to use that importer for it.
                              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X