Snitz forum password login

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snitz forum password login

Hi, I have a Snitz forum in mysql I want to transfer it in VB.
    I have just bought the license new version 3.6.4, installed and imported all with Impex, I have had of the small initial owed problems essentially to the uppercase name of the tables (while they in the db were all lowecase), and despite that they in the last version of Impex have implemented the variable 'lowercase_table_names'
    but 'lowercase_table_names' doesn't work!! I in fact have owed however convert in 000.php all the calls to tables name in lowercase

Now I have the problem of the password that in the snitz forum is HASH SHA256 while VB uses MD5.

I have more than 3000 registered users and I would not want send a email for
    change the password access.

I have thought about this solution:

1) I import all 3000 password HASH SHA256 in the [user] table while
    the new registered users will have the MD5 password;
    2) in login page and more precisely in the file:
    includes/functions_login.php

I insert this control:

Code:
    < removed >
    else ( if ($user['userid'] > 3000) .....proceed normally
    with the MD5 password control

I not being an experienced programmer and not knowing to background
    the system of login used from VB I ask to anybody that knows it well
    functions_login.php for create these modifications

help me please
    Last edited by Jerry; Thu 23 Nov '06, 1:24pm. Reason: removing code

I have had of the small initial owed problems essentially to the uppercase name of the tables (while they in the db were all lowecase), and despite that they in the last version of Impex have implemented the variable 'lowercase_table_names' but 'lowercase_table_names' doesn't work!!
    It worked fine on all the test installations here and with the various customers I was testing it with.

I've removed your code as this isn't the place to chat about hacking, try www.vbulletin.org.
    I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry View Post
      It worked fine on all the test installations here and with the various customers I was testing it with.
      sorry, I respect your work, it' s well done, but in my server mysql the variable 'lowercase_table_names' doesn't work in snitz importing!!
      i have setting :
      doesn't work
      'lowercase_table_names' = true
      or
      'lowercase_table_names' = false
      doesn't work well

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry View Post
        I've removed your code as this isn't the place to chat about hacking, try www.vbulletin.org.

ok, is possible wonder if the password could be recovered?

Comment

It is possible to recover the passwords from snitz, but it takes a while and it's not 100%. I managed to get 80% of the passwords from my snitz forum. Probably easier to get all the members to reset their passwords.
          Cooking Forum

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X