phpbb2 import, no custom usergroup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• phpbb2 import, no custom usergroup

The import looks to have gone ok. Ive read the forums so i know all about deleting the custom usergroups and I have done this.

However it looks like all users are not assigned a usergroup at all (besides the admin). It defaults to the COPPA usergroup on their profile page because thats simply the first on in the drop down alphabetically.

So... whats the easiest way to mass update all users assigning them to the defaul vB registered users usergroup?

Thanks

P.S. I ran the upgrade process twice to make sure I didnt do anything wrong and got the same result.

As a note here, i tried the move users function but it doesnt even pick up the users unless you select all user groups.

Comment

In my experience deleting the imported usergoups has always resulted in the members being added to the Registered group. Are you saying this did not happen in your case? If so I suggest clearing out the imported data and trying again.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

If the users are missing a usergroup this SQL will tell you :

Code:
        SELECT count(*) FROM user WHERE usergroupid=0;
        If there are any there you can move them to a usergroup with the id of X thus :

Code:
        UPDATE user SET usergroupid=X WHERE usergroupid=0;
        Though for users to be imported with out a usergroupid would be a bug unless there have been imports before or the database has been altered.
        I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X