Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rotorfrank
    replied
    You know what, forget all I said, you guys documented this well enough all my answers are good now heheheh... Sorry for looking stupid.

Leave a comment:

• Rotorfrank
    replied
    Everything is in the DB I just noticed on phpmyadmin. Why isnt it showing on the board itself?

Leave a comment:

• Rotorfrank
    replied
    Ah ok I found my problem, I miss-read the manual, I thought i had to put it in the admin cp. Anyways I fixed it.

But I have another concern right now, I imported everything in it. The modules worked out perfectly, BUT, Everything is imported, but nothing new on the forum itself... What did I do wrong? is there a step I forgot?

Leave a comment:

• Rotorfrank
    replied
    In the main one or in adminCP folder?

Cuz I was wondering if the files were not corrupt has I have 2 index.htm with 0kb in impex/systems and another in tools.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    This means that the files were not uploaded correctly. Reupload the Impex files to an 'impex' subdirectory of your main forum directory.

Leave a comment:

• Rotorfrank
    replied
    Ok well right now I got access to my old host, and I got my board up and everything. Now I configured the ImpexConfig.php with all of the the right information. I uploaded the Impex folder to admincp folder and the.xml file to includes/xml.

The option is showing in the Admin Panel, but when I press on Import>Import, I get this "The webpage cannot be found" error. Whats wrong with my install? Does it have anything to do with an error in ImpexConfig.php or an incomplete file package?

Leave a comment:

• Rotorfrank
    replied
    Can it be imported into a fresh DB in phpmyadmin?
    Cuz phpbb (which is really the suck compared to vbulletin) does not restore databases above 2mb. So i tried this script called Bigdump.php, and its not working as it is asking me to drop tables to process.

Now how should I import it from that backup file?

Because at the point I am at right now, I tried importing it thru phpmyadmin, and it says everything is alright, but does not import the content. And like I said, at the point I am now, I'm gonna offer to pay someone to do it for me, unless you tell me how I can import the DB without installing phpbb.

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    Originally posted by Rotorfrank View Post
    My question was that, if i have a phpbb DB uploaded on the server somewhere, can I use Impex to import the information from it.
    As Steve said, that isn't a database its a file with a list of SQL commands that can restore the database.

You don't need a full phpBB install, just the database restored so ImpEx can read from it.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    You cannot import from a backup file. You need to restore the database first.

Leave a comment:

• Rotorfrank
    replied
    But... I would like to use Impex to convert my phpbb database that is stored on a backup file without having to install phpbb on the new server and restoring the DB on the php board.

Problem is right now I tried importing the DB with phpbb to make it complete so that afterwards I ask Impex to connect to it and import the data, but each time I import the DB from the file, it doesnt change the content of the new DB.

My question was that, if i have a phpbb DB uploaded on the server somewhere, can I use Impex to import the information from it.

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    Indeed, like this :

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/m...ervers_restore

Leave a comment:

• Rotorfrank
    started a topic Importing a DB from a file?

Importing a DB from a file?

Hi,
    My question here is, can I import the DB from a file lets say phpbb_backup that is saved on my hard drive? because the manual seems to be pointing at on a DB that is on a phpbb board already on the forum?
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X