No announcement yet.

Import SQL backup file?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It puts any users from any custom group into Registered users, including mods, supermods, admins, and any other groups.
    The Grey Area - Tweaking Obsession

Comment

Originally posted by SloppyGoat View Post
      Since I can't seem to get any help on this, is it possible to import from an SQL backup file? Come on vBulletin people!!! Help me out here!!! I'm not getting any helpful solutions to getting my database imported! I'm beginning to get irritated.
      No it isn't, ImpEx imports from a database not a SQL backup file, you will have to restore the database.

Also stick to one and your own thread.
      I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Yeah, it's a moot issue now. I figured it out by myself, with days of frustrating research.

Comment

Yeah, it's a moot issue now. I figured it out by myself, with days of frustrating research.
          ImpEx says it imports from a database, not by parsing a SQL file that is designed to be used to restore a database.

I recommend you stick to your own thread and keep everything here.
          I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Why did you delete my post? I found out it did actually work, but the changes did not show until the user went and resaved his sig. In the sig field, the slashes were gone, but not under any posts.

Comment

Why did you delete my post? I found out it did actually work, but the changes did not show until the user went and resaved his sig. In the sig field, the slashes were gone, but not under any posts.
              Because I have asked you to keep to your own thread so support and I can follow the issue and respond accordingly, hence why I merged your six threads into one, as they are issues with the same import, keeps all the information needed in one place.
              I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Yes, I know. I was having trouble getting it to work due to mysql privileges, but like I said, it's sorted now. You can even del this thread if you want. I wish you were around when I was trying to figure it out.

Comment

Yes, I know. I was having trouble getting it to work due to mysql privileges, but like I said, it's sorted now. You can even del this thread if you want. I wish you were around when I was trying to figure it out.
                  This thread is the collection of the others you've started; I don't think that would be wise if you still have questions.
                  I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Well, when someone has already explained a problem completely, it's usually the proper place to post about that same issue, is it not? Otherwise, I'd just have to retype everything he just typed above. Seems kind of goofy. Most forums operate on the concept that if there is a thread that already is discussing the topic you want to post about, it's better to use the existing thread than to create a new (and almost duplicate) thread. When I do a search and find someone that has/had the exact same problem, it seems only normal to post in that thread. But ok.

Comment

Nope, I've solved all the problems in this thread. You can del it. If I come up with any new questions, I'll start a fresh thread. (after searching, of course)

Comment

Make cleaner.php apply to only one forumid?

Is there some way to make cleaner only apply to one forum id? I need to remove all the url tags, but only in one forum. Surely this can be done? Mucho gracias to the one who knows how.

Comment

There's no such function, you'd have to manually adjust the cleaner.php file to limit it to a specific forum.
                          You might receive help with this on www.vbulletin.org
                          Best Regards
                          Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

You guys should clean this up and make a nice GUI with some options like that. It would be very useful for some people. Being able to choose what to replace, in which forum(s) would definitely be a nice utility. It's not far from that, if someone would just finish it, right? I know there were similar hacks for earlier versions.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X