Import SQL backup file?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Import SQL backup file?

Is this the oldest version that will import? Maybe that's my problem? I'm still running 2.3.0. Do I have to upgrade to this version before importing?
    The Grey Area - Tweaking Obsession

Nope, I just tried it. Same error.

Comment

Import SQL backup file?

Since I can't seem to get any help on this, is it possible to import from an SQL backup file? Come on vBulletin people!!! Help me out here!!! I'm not getting any helpful solutions to getting my database imported! I'm beginning to get irritated.

Comment

Or how about this? Can I copy the entire database folder to this server and somehow add it to MySQL, run it tandem, and import it directly from there? Come on!!! Give me some answers! There has to be a way to do this, right? I'm not feeling too supported right now.

Comment

I can't even get to a mysql prompt on this install. Will someone enlighten me for crying out loud? It never allowed me to create a user, like I remember the last time I installed MySQL years ago.

Comment

Finally got this to work, but no users imported

Why do none of my users seem to show in member list or member count? Are they there somewhere? How do I get them to show up?

Nevermind. I finally found it. Lots of editing to do.
            Last edited by SloppyGoat; Sun 29 Oct '06, 1:14am.

Comment

I think so. I still have 2.2.8, so I downloaded the 2.3.10, ran seveal upgrade scripts to get my vb to 2.3.10, then installed the latest 3.6.2, installed ImpEX and started importing. Everything seems to work without any problems exept for the way mysql handles the query with LIMIT clause. Read my post "Important Issue with ImpEX" and if you have a very large tables (over couple million posts) then you should change a couple of lines in 000.php but only when you get to the importing posts stage. It's not absolutely necessary but without it it may take a couple days to complete the import and will overload your server.
              'beta tester'

Comment

Nope, it didn't matter. I was finally able to import it from 2.3.0.

Comment

Multiple/Duplicate Usergroups

Ok, so now that I finally got everything imported, I have some extra usergroups that really don't need to be there. I have default groups and custom groups, some of which are the same....like Registered Users. Is there a way to delete the unused usergroups? Surely I don't need two usergroup ID's for the same usergroups.

[edit] I see I can delete custom usergroups, but is there a way to transfer the users in some of my custom usergroups to the default usergroups? Unless I can do that, I guess I'll always have two sets of registered users?
                  Last edited by SloppyGoat; Sun 29 Oct '06, 9:40am.

Comment

Smilies Paths

My imported smilies don't have the correct path. Instead it says images/smilies/images/smilies. Well, that's easy enough to fix. I created a custom smilie folder and uploaded all my smilies to that folder. I can edit the path for each individual smilie, but that's going to take a long time. Is there someplace I can change this path globally, so I don't have to edit them one at a time? Also, that's the path of every image in the forum threads. Those will need to be corrected too.

Actually, the generic smilie path isn't correct either. They have the same double path for some reason.

Please advise.
                    Last edited by SloppyGoat; Sun 29 Oct '06, 10:53am.

Comment

Is this something I can change in the database that would reflect globally? Is there any support team here?

Comment

Nevermind. Support here is so slow, I can figure it out myself before anyone even replies, most of the time. Anyone else having this problem, this is the answer...

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...ht=smilie+path

Comment

Please follow the 'After the Import' instructions here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/impex_cleanup

This should solve those issues.
                          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I see. So basically, if I delete any group besides Registered, I have to reconfigure any other groups, such as mods?

Comment

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean:

"if I delete any group besides Registered, I have to reconfigure any other groups, such as mods?"

Please explain.
                              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X