No announcement yet.

Imported user browsing options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that stuff is so out of my league...stupid charsets...

Comment

Originally posted by kalleball View Post
      that stuff is so out of my league...stupid charsets...
      Yup they can be troublesome that is for sure !
      I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

i took a dump of the posts_text table from phpbb, opened it in ultraedit, file->conversions->ascii to utf-8 (i think...or maybe it was unicode or something), saved it and uploaded it...and it actually worked...amazing...i'm thinking it must've been too easy...something fishy going on for sure...

anyway, i still want my cleaner.php working to clean out some old smilies and other crap i don't want...could it have something to do with me running in safe mode? i believe the server is in safe mode but if i put safe mode in the avatar uploading doesn't work...so i have it off...and everything seems to work just fine...i've tried running cleaner.php with both settings with no results...nothing happens...

also, thanks alot for your help.

Comment

Post done -> 26363
          Post done -> 26364
          Post done -> 26365
          Hmmm ......... if you are getting that, that means that it got the post, ran the replace and saved the post again.

Can you cut and past here the exact array you have in config, put it in [ php ] [/ php ] tags.
          I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

i guess it had something to do with the charsets, i just successfully ran:
            PHP Code:
            $replacer = array(

"tard"    => "greek",
            ); 
            no offense, it's an internal joke at the expense of our greek players

Comment

so, the posts and threads are fine...the imported users...not so much...they can't log in...

when trying to log in they are told their user/password is invalid and when requesting a new password and following the link they are sent in the email get this: Invalid User specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator.

that's when importing the e107 info (utf-8) into vB set to utf-8 in both the config file and in the HTML Character Set (Language Manager).

man i hate importing stuff...

Comment

The password reset should work as that isn't touched by an import.

If you register a new test user and then use the link to reset their password is it ok ?
                I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

just tried requesting a new password for my admin account and it worked fine...is there a charset applied to the usernames? could it be fcked up?...

Comment

I take it you have done a few different imports to get to this stage, there might be some inconsistencies between the user tables after so many re-starts.

I'd suggest, a clean install or restore from backup and try again with a fresh import to ensure all the data is ok.
                    I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

i've tried with the backup i took just after i installed it with nothing but the default data and settings, will try on a new install this afternoon.

update:
                      i got the password retrieval to work but shouldn't the passwords work aswell?
                      Last edited by kalleball; Sat 21 Oct '06, 6:34am.

Comment

Once they are reset, yet.
                        I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Imported user browsing options

All my imported users have all browsing options set to no, display images, avatars, toolbars etc...any way i can change them all to a default?

Comment

All my imported users have all browsing options set to no, display images, avatars, toolbars etc...any way i can change them all to a default?
                            http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/impex_cleanup

"User groups"
                            I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

User groups

Most importers will import the usergroups or create a default import usergroup, this is so you can check the users being imported and manage them accordingly, to move users to the default Registered Users group in vBulletin, delete the import group they are in and all the users will be moved to the Registered Users group by default.

Even with a vBulletin to vBulletin import the groups are created again, this is so you can manage the new users accordingly, in some cases you will need to keep the new users separate depending on the nature of your community to manage them.
                              Sorry to say i don't find that information helpful at all, it says nothing about the options in their profile (browsing options in particular) which are all set to no...so noone can see images, avatars and toolbars by default...

Comment

Sorry to say i don't find that information helpful at all, it says nothing about the options in their profile (browsing options in particular) which are all set to no...so noone can see images, avatars and toolbars by default...
                                It's explained that either you set up the default usergroup they are imported into, or you delete that group and then they are all moved to the registered group.
                                I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X