Imported user browsing options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Imported user browsing options

Using impex 1.68 with vb 3.6.2 importing both an e107 database and a phpbb database some of the characters from the e107 database is messed up.

in the e107 database the characters in question look like they're supposed to "åäö" while in the phpbb and vbulletin databases look like questionmarks (?) (posts made by phpbb/vbulletin - the imported ones stay the same).

is there any way i can fix this?

some bbc is changed aswell, eg. the e107 database looks like this:

[quote1160666035=Kurosaki]
    nefarian > ciri.
    [/quote1160666035]

which doesn't turn out all that great in vbulletin...

is there any way i can fix this?

thanks for your time.

i found cleaner.php which is probably what i'm looking for...question now is what do i replace and with what?

my åäö show up as ??? in phpmyadmin, typing in åäö manually in the database results in wacky stuff...i even tried copying the ??? to replace characters in another post manually in the database and i got even weirder characters showing up on the forums. editing anything at all in a post with ??? in (not the ??? itself) results in weird characters.

added:
    can't seem to find a way to empty users/forums/posts, basically everything i import to start over, should i delete the database and reinstall vb, delete users, forums and posts manually in admincp or is there some other convenient way of doing this?
    Last edited by kalleball; Mon 16 Oct '06, 7:21am.

Comment

Double check the source and target char-types in your database.
      I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

how do i do that?

also, tried running cleaner.php...didn't seem to have any effect, tried replacing åäö with aao using

"å" => "a",
        "ä" => "a",
        "ö" => "o",

and nothing happened (looks the same in the database and after updating the post cache, odd chars on the forums)...

get a ****load of these running cleaner.php:

Post done -> 26363
        Post done -> 26364
        Post done -> 26365

Comment

Have you checked the database using phpMyAdmin or some tool like that to see what is actually there?

Run this on the target:

SHOW CHARACTER SET

Do you know what char set the source database is running in?
          I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

i'm running mysql 4.0.27, SHOW CHARACTER SET is available as of MySQL 4.1.0.

i have checked the database using phpmyadmin and in vb_post there are åäö (from the e107 import) which looks weird on the forums and if i make a new post, they appear as questionmarks (???) but appear normal on the forums.

the e107 is in the same database as the vb one, as is the phpbb one from which i'm having no problems at all importing.

Comment

been trying to run cleaner.php for almost a day now with different settings, nothing happens, if i could only replace the åäö with aao, i'd be happy but it just doesn't want to work =/

Comment

On line 165 of:

impex/systems/e107/006.php is this line:

Code:
                $try->set_value('nonmandatory', 'pagetext',		$this->e107_html($this->html_2_bb($post_details['thread_thread'])));
                Change that to :

Code:
                $try->set_value('nonmandatory', 'pagetext', $post_details['thread_thread']);
                That will remove all the processing on the data being imported for posts, i.e. what you have is what you get.
                I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

thanks, testing now...

update:

there doesn't seem to be any change...looks like this still:

En lömsk hummer med upphöjd hörsel och smaklökar.
                  the above looks like this in phpmyadmin:

En lömsk hummer med upphöjd hörsel och smaklökar.
                  posting that sentence in vBulletin works fine and looks like this in phpmyadmin:

En l�msk hummer med upph�jd h�rsel och smakl�kar.
                  if cleaner.php would work i'd be more than happy, can you think of a reason why it shouldn't?

update:

tried adding the following to ImpExFunction.php in function html_2_bb but alas it had no effect.

$htmlcode = str_replace('ä', 'a', $htmlcode);
                  $htmlcode = str_replace('å', 'a', $htmlcode);
                  $htmlcode = str_replace('ö', 'o', $htmlcode);
                  Last edited by kalleball; Tue 17 Oct '06, 9:57am.

Comment

What have you set character set to in the language section in the admin cp ?

It should be the same as the one you were using in e107.
                    I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

standard setting on both...found ISO-8859-1 (latin1) under HTML Character Set in the language manager of vB...and after looking around in e107 for 10 minutes i found Charset utf-8 on the first page...what would be the best way to proceed?
                      change the charset of vB before import? change the e107 database? which charset should i be using?

adding:
                      i'm importing a phpbb forum aswell and since i can import it to vB right now with no problems i'd guess it's latin1 aswell...

adding:
                      changing the charset in vB works fine...but if i import the phpbb forums now it'll probably mess up, right?
                      Last edited by kalleball; Tue 17 Oct '06, 11:01am.

Comment

eeek 3 way clash......

Can you convert the phpBB database to UTF-8 before you import it ?
                        I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

you're asking me?

i can do some reading on the phpbb forums i guess...

btw, which char set would be the best to use? doesn't matter?

added:
                          that's some seriously complicated biznitz...why couldn't they just settle for one char set and stick with it? =/
                          Last edited by kalleball; Tue 17 Oct '06, 12:19pm.

Comment

Yes, it's not the most simple thing and usualy a pain

Go with UTF-8.

Can you try dumping the phpBB database using utf-8 ?

--default-character-set=utf-8

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/4.1/en/mysqldump.html
                            I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Found this :

http://www.oreillynet.com/onlamp/blo..._latin1_t.html
                              I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X