No announcement yet.

Discus 4.06 tabfile import fails miserably

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Discus 4.06 tabfile import fails miserably

    I'm running 3.61 and just tried to use the Discus 4.x tabfile importer to get my old discus board contents into a backup copy of my new VB board.

    The import process claims that everything is successful except for 1 failed user and 1 failed post.

    However, the user names are completely garbled, appearing to contain the entire line from the users.txt file. For example:

    fireblade:QPYtAM/uhpEsI:[email protected]:Straha:1::1040525687:1146685056:1147313684:/global/

    Also, none of the threads/posts actually showed up. The imported *forums* showed up after I saved the forum manager list, but only one solitary thread shows up even after I rebuilt the thread index.

    Any ideas?

  • #2
    Did you run the 'After the Import' instructions here:

    If so and you still have problems, fill out a support ticket at:

    Be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP. Please also include a complete description of the problem.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

    Steve Machol Photography

    Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.


    • #3
      Discus is always problematic due to the variation in the source data, what is the exact version of your source board ?
      I wrote ImpEx.

      Blog | Me


      • #4
        I have Discus 4.00.6PRO.

        Here is a sample users.txt field:

        wombat:EPF7gFSWCOf1A:[email protected]:scott oneill:1::1054476643:

        This entire thing seems to be treated as a username (a VBulletin user is created with that name).


        • #5
          Strange as the user file is always comma delimited.

          The content on the other hand is usually a combination of old and new with comments and hidden fields, which would explain the content miss parsing.

          I'd suggest opening a support ticket and asking for me so I can look at it.
          I wrote ImpEx.

          Blog | Me


          • #6
            Originally posted by Jerry View Post
            Strange as the user file is always comma delimited.
            I exported users.txt from the database, and it's colon delimited (I just double checked by doing another export). It's possible to download a comma delimited .csv file via the same backup process that the tabfile itself uses, but the importer just asks for a directory to search for users.txt.

            I'll file a support ticket once I have a chance to gather more information on my end.


            • #7
              My bad, I meant to say colon, not sure where comma came from

              Need more coffee......
              I wrote ImpEx.

              Blog | Me


              widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.