Associating Users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Associating Users

Alright I am confused, I am trying to convert from an IPB board, however, it will not let me associate my user from my existing IPB to the new user on the vbulletin board. What gives?
    CommanderTalk.com --> www.commandertalk.com

What happens when you try? If it's the Admin user you should import without associating, then merge these users later.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Ahhh yes they are both administration users...So you merge them eh, by merging them, does it then show for example 200 members on the forum, however, member ID's only go to 199?

Comment

Yes, the member count will go down when you merge users.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
          Yes, the member count will go down when you merge users.
          Right, however, if there are 200 members and you merge two of them into one, then when you click on the 200th member, they will have a member ID of 200 even though it only shows that there is 199 members.

Am I correct?

Sorry, this is how I learn things

Comment

The userids are auto-incremented and not reused. When a user is deleted, this does not change the existing and future userid numbers.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X