I have an odd import question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have an odd import question?

Before I attempt to download Impex I want to know if it'll even work for me!
    I had another BB (on the list of acceptible mports) and as I was installing my own sotware of Vbulletin I accidently put it on top of my SQL that was being used to run the old board so I have been asking for help repeatedly to help me re install my old software but they refuse they are down right rude to me... I have in turn gotten an induvidual to create a new SQL and try for them to load my Board software but I get errors... well the point of this long story is that I no longer can get into my old board and no one there will help me to do so... NOW I have a back up copy of my forum data in SQL, Will this backed up data load via the impex software? or does the board actually need to be in runing mode for it to work?
    Thanks for taking a moment to read my query!

Hello,

Welcome to the vBulletin community. I hope you will have better experiences here.

To be able to import yuour old forum with ImpEx, the data must be available in a MySQL database. The other forum software don't need to be running.

I suggest you restore the backup of your old board into a database, then create a second database and install vBulletin into this. Now use ImpEx to import the data into your new vBulletin database.
    Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
    Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

I am very to new to all this I suppose this is why I messed up to begin with... I had someone create a new database just for my old software and that is where I get the error it says theres something wrong in one of the files.. I have tried putting in a new file and still it hasn't cleared the error, will this be sutable enough? I have the backup copy on my hard drive of my computer!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X