After Import Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After Import Help

Ok I want to say thank for those that helped me get my import done, but I have a problem. All of my threads are in alphabetical order vs. chrono order. What should I do?

Even new threads go into alphabetical now.. So Weird

Comment

This is a user option, this is set in the User CP I believe, then again, a administrator may set it when you were gone on InvisionFree (You are the person that used invisionfree correct? The weird forum hosters? lol)

EDIT: Hmm I think this may be a admin option let me check.

Comment

Yes I am that person. ha. But I've never seen an option like this in vB.

Comment

Ok, this is correct, you must go into the Admin CP and edit every forum to not say "Thread Title" and change it to like "Last Post Time," or what ever you want in "Default Sort Field".

Comment

ACP -> Forums & Moderators -> Forum Manager -> (choose forum) Edit -> Sort Field (dropdowns)
            Lats...

Comment

Thanks guys but there has to be a SQL command for this ehh?

Comment

Hmm, I am not sure about that. I will see if there is a SQL command.

Comment

And one to change to Descending from Ascending also.. hehe

Comment

I would guess something simular to this would be it (I STRONGLY recommend that you do a DataBase backup before trying this or do it on a test vBulletin, put all the forum IDs in the first column:
                    ALTER TABLE forum ('forumid','defaultsortfield')
                    ('1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10','desc')

I can test this first, but I can't at this moment, I will try it tomorrow. Also, I am not good at mySQL yet, so don't try it unless its a test board (You can set up via /vbtest if you didn't know)

EDIT: If you can give me a CSV backup of the table "forum," I can make it all the correct way fast.
                    Last edited by SNN; Tue 3 Oct '06, 5:23am.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X