• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rellek
    replied
    Hi Jerry,

To point 1:
    Oh, okay... Well, then forget about I didn't know that it won't work with admin accounts, sorry...

Currently the 301/404 script is only set up to redirect from the last forum that what imported from, you can change this by renaming the import{table}id column to something else then changing the 301/404 script, that way you can support any number of import board redirects.
    Yeah, that seems to be a good idea... Let's see how I realize this (I thought of making a new table which stores all imported IDs and their new IDs...)

To point 2:
    Yeah, correctly. closed=3 and the existance of a pollid (which equals the new thread-id) means that the "thread" is only a link to the one in the new forum.

To point 3:
    I used the newest available at vBulletin-Germany's members-area:
    ImpEx build version : 1.67
    The Version of the wBB-module is 1.16 from 2006/09/15.
    Maybe you didn't understand me probably... User-Groups are imported, but the users that are put into them are not correct. For example, I have a user-group for team-members. Before converting in wBB there were ~7 members or so included. After importing in vBulletin, there are 65 team-members. And all users in imported groups are banned...

To point 4:
    I have the latest from vBg-Member-Area - signatures are not imported and for avatars the importer would have to ask for images/avatars-path (because it's saved in the same way as attachments), but it doesn't..
    (edit)
    As I just saw in phpMyAdmin - Impex copies the avatar-id, but not images to the vb-database. Also the entries in customavatar-table are missing...
    (end of edit)

I was using wBB 2.3.5 (but I'm quite sure, there are no differences in SQL-structure compared with 2.3.3) to be imported to vBulletin 3.6.1.

(edit)
    In the meantime I've discovered another little bug. Impex is able to convert custom user-titles. But it forgets to set the customtitle-flag in vB-database. So if you run "Update Counters" in admin-panel, all imported titles are gone...
    (end of edit)

Thank you for your support :-)
    Last edited by rellek; Tue 3 Oct '06, 4:14am. Reason: Found one more little bug...

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    Originally posted by rellek View Post
    Now to my points:
    1) I plan to merge 3 forums from 3 different URLs. Unfortunatly Impex tries to interpret the column "importeduserid" as an asociated user (and by the way: associating does also not work at all - no matter what I enter (userid or username in vBulletin), impex tells me that the username doesn't exist, but it does).
    I don't understand what you mean there, ImpEx will only fail on assosiation with a admin user, as you have to do them via the admincp after the import.

That is not very useful, I think, because after importing all forums you can't access the old links using mod_rewrite when deleting the importedids... And if you don't delete them, impex won't import any user with an ID higher than total number of users...
    Currently the 301/404 script is only set up to redirect from the last forum that what imported from, you can change this by renaming the import{table}id column to something else then changing the 301/404 script, that way you can support any number of import board redirects.

2) I've also discovered a little bug - okay, not a big bug, but a confusing one (especially for the end-users). The importer interprets "Moved-"flags as "real" threads. That's probably because it is one entry in bbX_threads - but it has a poll-id and the flag "closed" is set "3". It would be very good if Impex could skip these "dummy"-threads...
    So all threads marked with closed as 3 is a moved thread in wBB ?

3) Why does impex import user-groups, when the allocation to their users is wrong and all users of this group are banned? If you ask me, it would be easier not to import groups, but put all users into vB's "Users"-Group... In the end the administrator has to re-sort them in any case...
    That must be a bad import or a wrong version as ImpEx imports usergroups so that it can organise the users.

4) A little feature-request: do you think it would be possible to import avatars and signatures as well? I mean signatures are in bbX_users saved plain, without cache or something and avatars are saved in a similar way like attachments (at least custom avatars).
    What version are you using, the wBB importer gets the sigs and avatars ?

Just to mention it again: I've had converters (to other forum-systems) that worked MUCH worse than Impex does - and I can live with these little things, but maybe an administrator with little knowledge (and in wBB-scene there are many of these, I can tell you ) has problems with importing successful due to this little things...
    What version of ImpEx are you using and what version of wBB are you importing from ?

Thanks for the feedback, it makes ImpEx better

Leave a comment:

• rellek
    started a topic wBB-Module - Little Bugreport and Feedback

wBB-Module - Little Bugreport and Feedback

Hello everyone,

at first I'd like to thank you for that phantastic Impex-System - it's working quite well and it offers many possibilities.

Now to my points:
    1) I plan to merge 3 forums from 3 different URLs. Unfortunatly Impex tries to interpret the column "importeduserid" as an asociated user (and by the way: associating does also not work at all - no matter what I enter (userid or username in vBulletin), impex tells me that the username doesn't exist, but it does). That is not very useful, I think, because after importing all forums you can't access the old links using mod_rewrite when deleting the importedids... And if you don't delete them, impex won't import any user with an ID higher than total number of users...

2) I've also discovered a little bug - okay, not a big bug, but a confusing one (especially for the end-users). The importer interprets "Moved-"flags as "real" threads. That's probably because it is one entry in bbX_threads - but it has a poll-id and the flag "closed" is set "3". It would be very good if Impex could skip these "dummy"-threads...

3) Why does impex import user-groups, when the allocation to their users is wrong and all users of this group are banned? If you ask me, it would be easier not to import groups, but put all users into vB's "Users"-Group... In the end the administrator has to re-sort them in any case...

4) A little feature-request: do you think it would be possible to import avatars and signatures as well? I mean signatures are in bbX_users saved plain, without cache or something and avatars are saved in a similar way like attachments (at least custom avatars).

Just to mention it again: I've had converters (to other forum-systems) that worked MUCH worse than Impex does - and I can live with these little things, but maybe an administrator with little knowledge (and in wBB-scene there are many of these, I can tell you ) has problems with importing successful due to this little things...

Thanks in advice :-)

greetings,
    rellek