Importing PHPBB 2.0.6 from another domain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Importing PHPBB 2.0.6 from another domain

I am setting up a vb board and want to import my phpbb database from another domain. I have backed up my phpbb db by downloading to my local machine a .sql file from the phpbb control panel. I'm consued as what I am supposed to do next. I understand that I am at this part (quoted below) of the process but I do not understand how to interpret it. I don't know if I should set soureceexists to false or true, or what to set any of the other settings to.

If you are importing from a database opposed to a file based system edit sourceexists = false to sourceexists = true.

Then, edit the rest of the [ Source Database ] setting to match the database of the source board.

Two things to double check here, firstly the table prefix.

In this example I am using a phpBB board. I would have to check the phpBB database to see that the tables are all phpbb_ then the tables name. Therefour phpbb_ is the table prefix.

You should create a database and restore the phpBB backup into this database on the server where you are going to run the import.

Next set the correct information for the source database in the ImpEx configuration.

sourceexists should be set to true.
    Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
    Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X