Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Really Hope I Can Sort This One!

Hello.

I am currently using YaBB2.1 for my forum. Now it is important to remember that this software was provided free as part of my web hosting package. (Just push a button, and its on, no uploading of files etc...)

I have installed VBulletin 3.6.1, with no problem. Now I have to convert, and to hopefully explain this for you, here is a link to the conversation I had with my web hosting company: http://www.thefactoryforum.com/conversation.htm

I really hope I can convert, and would be grateful for any advice you can offer.

Thanks, Brian

Yes we have an importer for YaBB 2:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/impex_tier_2

Please read the online Impex import instructions here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/impex

Also please view the 'After the Import' instructions here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/impex_cleanup
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thanks, I know about the importer, but the problem is my YaBB forum doesn't have a mysql database, so how can I get around the source the imex needs for the $impexconfig['source']['database']?

Comment

From ImpExConfig.php:

# If the system that is being imported from uses a database,
        # enter the details for it here and set 'sourceexists' to true.
        # If the source data is NOT stored in a database, set 'sourceexists' to false

$impexconfig['sourceexists'] = false;

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thanks for your help Steve.

I am getting there now, just a quick question though:

Some member profiles have not converted over, I will convert again to see if that works, but I was just wondering if there was a reason for this?

Comment

Not sure what you mean by 'member profiles' but it does sound like the import was not done completely.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Steve,

I have redone the import, and this is what is happening:

Import attachments:
              "This module is dependent oncannot run until that is complete "

So I ignore that, and continue to rebuild the boards, posts etc... in admin.
              When I then go to the forum, all the posts seem to be there, the boards all need renaming, but that's not a problem.

The main problem is some of the members are no longer members. You can still see their user name in the posts they have made, but when you click on their profile, it says the member is not a registered member of the board.

Any Ideas?
              Thanks in advance.

PS, when you go to the members list on the forum, there are none there?
              Last edited by Bri123; Sun 1 Oct '06, 4:58pm. Reason: Added PS.

Comment

What does this mean and why did you ignore it?

Import attachments:
                "This module is dependent oncannot run until that is complete "

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

When I click on the final import "007 Import attachments - start module" This is the message I get, "This module is dependent oncannot run until that is complete "

It does not give me any other option, so I have to close it down, and go on to rebuilding my board, and members etc.

Comment

Sounds like a bug to me. If you are runn ing Impex 1.67, please report this in the 3.6 Bug Tracker here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/bugs36.php

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

You had run all the modules upto the attachments module ?
                      I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Yes Jerry, all ran well up until the last module.
                        Here is a link to the un-live forum so you can see what I mean.
                        I can go to the admin section, and reactivate my my members, but they will all need new passwords, also their post count is showing, but when you click on "find more posts from xxx" it cannot retrieve the info.
                        Last edited by Bri123; Mon 2 Oct '06, 3:09pm. Reason: forgot to add link!

Comment

I've actually just checked and that file (007.php the attachments moduel) shouldn't be in the download at all, attachments arn't supported yet
                          I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

....So I haven't done anything wrong?
                            Thanks for your help. I don't suppose you know why some members have become none members?
                            Here is a link to the live YaBB forum, and above is a link to the VB forum.
                            I don't know if you can help, I'm just glad I have got this far!

Comment

Have you gone though all the after import clean up steps ?

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/impex_cleanup
                              I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X