• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with user information and stats

Clean Import

Source - SMF 1.1
    Target - VB 3.6.1
    No SQL errors occurred.

I am having problems displaying members posts and their information on the board. All the information is there in the Admin and db - but it just isn't getting displayed on the forum itself.

ie if i look at a members post it says "Posts: n/a" for all users.

If I click on a users name from the main page then I get the following message "Invalid User specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the".

I've tried updating counters to no avail. Does anyone have any suggestions please?

This means the data was not imported correctly. I suggest clearing out all imported data and trying again.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Yes, the post count should be imported, also you can manual force a recount for the users via the admincp after an import.
      I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

thanks for the response - i managed to get it all fixed and have just begun to import the 'actual' database and it is doing this again. Why are these errors happening seemingly in a random nature? Excuse my language but it's really pissing me off.

I have convereted forum software previously and never had any of the problems that vb is providing me with - it's such a PITA....argh

Comment

Random ? I can't see how it could be, if your going from one database to another via consistent code it should be the same each time.
          I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X