Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with polls with ubbthreads 6.5.x

Hi,

I'm currently performing a test import of a larger ubb.threads board and got a db error message while importing the polls:

UPDATE vb3_thread
    SET pollid = 30 WHERE importthreadid =

Unfortunately, the current ubb.threads impex code isn't able to import polls with more than one question per poll. This feature is available in ubb.threads since version 6.0.x, if I remember correctly.

Your current implementation grabs all questions from the PollQuestions table and inserts them as a new poll into vbulletin. That's necessary because vbulletin can only handle one question per poll.

Doing that for the second, third etc. question of a poll will result in the error above, as this questions isn't associated with a thread.

What would be the best way to handle this?

- Only import the first question as a new poll if a poll has multiple questions in ubb.threads -> Would probably be the easiest one and could be done with a simple DISTINCT while grabbing the questions.

- create a new thread for all questions of poll > 1.

- Just skip polls with multiple questions and don't import them.

Just one of the issues of importing !

When I wrote it, I chose the first poll question for a thread and discarded the rest.
    I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Just wanted to let you know about it as not everyone might be able to get around that issue. Either with deleting these polls before the import or by modifing the import script.

Comment

The import should still work, though it should only get the first poll on a thread.
        I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Well, it doesn't. A database error occurs as outlined in my first post.

Comment

Then its a bug .... open a support ticket and ask for me.
            I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Working...
            X