can I vent about this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can I vent about this?

I am so frustrated with the impex right now. I'm trying to import my phbb forum and me not knowing anything about this stuff is killing me. I'm struggling with my host and decided to switch hosts, which leaves me even further in a lurch as the old host wont give me information I need and the new host doesn't have it because the domain hasn't transferred yet. I just want my board up and running dangit!

What stage are you stuck at ? Is it a configuration issue or is ImpEx crashing or giving errors ?
    I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

I'm stuck at all of it. I'm stuck at the beginning because I flat do not know what any of the lingo means or what to put where. I'm stuck because I tried to get information from my host and they haven't answered my tickets. So I decided to switch hosts, pay for a new host etc...and then find out that I need to transfer my domain before I can do anything. So I submit a transfer and find out my domain is locked! I beg for them to unlock it and they reply that they did. the new host says no it's not. the host still hasn't gotten back to me with the information I needed so I can try to set this up (they originally were going to set it up and import everything as part of their service). I've since responded asking if they would redirect my domain pointers as I cannot freaking find where i would change that information. This was days ago and haven't heard a darn thing.

I've had my software for WEEKS now, had the professional installation complete for over a week as well and cannot do a darn thing with my forum. I'm hundreds of dollars in the hole and losing members daily because of their disapointment with phbb and running out of patience for the vbulletin to be active.

I've paid and paid and paid and am not getting what I want. I dont know what to do, I want to cry.

Comment

update...my domain has transferred finally! Now I have no idea what to do with all these files I've downloaded and what to put where. I am so computer illiterate it's not even funny.

Comment

Have you contacted the support team here via the members area ?
          I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

no I haven't, I thought this was something that they couldn't help with . I wish they could have done the import with the professional install too lol!

Comment

Originally posted by Pubadmin View Post
              no I haven't, I thought this was something that they couldn't help with . I wish they could have done the import with the professional install too lol!
              Never know till you ask
              I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

I submitted a ticket, hopefully they can help me or point me to someone that can walk me step by step through the import process or even do it for me for a fee lol!

Comment

I have answered your ticket, and I know a few things about importing forums
                  I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

thank you very much, I responded. I'm afraid you are going to see that I probably have no business trying to mess around with these files lol!

Comment

apparently now I cannot do anything until my old host performs cpmove backup which means I wont hear from them for several days at least and they may not even address my issue directly (which is standard practice with them), making me re-request my original issue and waiting several more days for information. I'm beginning to think it's funny to them.

Can anyone explain why they have to do the cpmove backup? What is it?

Comment

I can't explain that, but from the first two sentances of your last post I'd recommend moving on very fast. Someone that reacts like that doesn't deserve my business.
                        Best Regards
                        Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

I have moved on, I signed up with another server that came highly recommended from here. I had to wait a week for them to unlock my domain nad now its unlocked but I can't point my domain until the files are backed up and transferred over to the new host. I don't know why I would need them to back it up though and why I can't proceed without them doing so. They originally recommeneded vbulletin and said they would install and import for me as part of my service. None of that happened. NONE. it's been upsetting and ridiculous.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X