No announcement yet.

Cannot order by last post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a way to save my settings in admincp > vbulletin options > vbulletin options

and also admincp > usergroups> forum permissions
    ?

Art is Life

-----------

www.cgcentral.net - South Africa's Digital Media Platform

Comment

For the vB Options settings, add this to config.php to enter into debug mode:

Under:
      <?php

Add this line:
      $config['Misc']['debug'] = 1;

Then go into vBulletin Options. You will see the new option to Download/Upload Settings

Remove or comment out the debug line when you are done.

I do not know of anyway to save the Forum Permissions. Sorry.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Wow I've never seen debug mode.. why is it not like this by default?

Very useful!
        Art is Life

-----------

Comment

Originally posted by fabianv View Post
          Another issue Im having apart from the forum ordering being messed up is the posts in the threads themselves are showing oldest first...

I dont know whats going on with my forum I need to relaunch it and cant if its like this..
          This is why the instructions advise leaving the source forum running until test imports have been done.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=116398
          I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Hey Jerry,

Don't just assume I decided to down my site and do the impex to a new install. I was actually upgrading to the latest version from 3.5.4 and ran into database problems.. I troubleshooted it as much as I could and decided to rather just delete the ftp content and import the database into a fresh install.

Great work on Impex though.. its such a great tool. I'm trying now for a second time and will keep you posted if I run into the same problems.

Steve: I saved my settings and just tried uploading it on the new install.. it says it doesnt recognise the .xml.. strange hey? Seems like I'll have to redo the settings.
            Art is Life

-----------

Comment

Hey Jerry,

Don't just assume I decided to down my site and do the impex to a new install. I was actually upgrading to the latest version from 3.5.4 and ran into database problems.. I troubleshooted it as much as I could and decided to rather just delete the ftp content and import the database into a fresh install.
              True enough, my bad
              I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Steve: I saved my settings and just tried uploading it on the new install.. it says it doesnt recognise the .xml.. strange hey? Seems like I'll have to redo the settings.
                Same version of vB, right? If so I don't know what you cause that to happen.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Yes same version. It doesnt matter now I redid all the settings anyway.

Ok so I've re-uploaded the forum and started the databases from scratch and did the impex import and everything works 100%

Its a little strange that as soon as I do any changes in the forum manager the forums themselves set themselves as default sort by thread... atleast this time it allows be to sort by last post unlike last time.

Art is Life

-----------

Comment

So is everything okay now?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

I need to know if there is a sql query that sets all the forums to view by default as last post and not sort by thread.
                      Art is Life

-----------

Comment

It should do that automatically by default. What does the 'Default Sort Field' show in the Forum Manager?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X