Cannot order by last post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot order by last post

Hi, trust all is well with everyone here?

I just recently used impex on my forums and I'm not entirely sure this is anything directly linked to impex itself but I'll post this issue in this forum anyway.

I've now succesfully got my forum working again and everything seems fine apart from one thing.

By default its on order by thread... which is totally wrong it should be order by last post.

I tried all the ordering types and everything works but for some reason it does not allow me to order by last post.

Can anyone maybe tell me why this would possibly occur?

Thanks in advance.
    Art is Life

-----------

www.cgcentral.net - South Africa's Digital Media Platform

I think this is what you want. Look for the Thread Display settings in vBulletin Options. This sets the default view mode for new members:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> User Registration Options -> Thread Display Mode -> Linear - Newest First

To reset options for existing users:

Admin CP -> Import & Maintenance -> Execute SQL Query -> Automatic Query -> Posts - Newest First

Then click on 'Continue'.

And finally to do this just for yourself:

User CP -> Edit Options -> Thread Display Options -> Thead Display Mode -> Linear - Newest First
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Hi, thank you for your speedy response!

Followed your steps exactly. The settings did happen to be on oldest first and now that was set to newest.

It does seem though that this had no effect on the problem with "last post" when im viewing a forum. Usually as you know when you click on a certain type of ordering it puts a little icon next to it. It does so with everything but not "last post"

Hope you could help me resolve this issue.
      Art is Life

-----------

Comment

Can you provide a link to what you mean?

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Hey Steve,

With pleasure!

Here you go: http://www.cgcentral.net/community/general.chat/
          Art is Life

-----------

Comment

All the last post links I tried work fine. What is the problem exactly?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

No it does not work fine.

Ok you know the menu bar that says:

Thread / Thread Starter / Rating / Last Post / Replies / Views

They all work but not Last Post

Look at the dates.. theyre totally not ordered right.. the ordering is completely off from 5 days ago.. its showing very old threads all over the place.

04-01-2006
              05-07-2006
              17-07-2006
              31-03-2006
              08-12-2005
              07-01-2006

It jumps from January to July then to March then December then January..

Something is really not right here.

Hope you can help
              Art is Life

-----------

Comment

Oh, I see what you mean. I thought you meant the last post links.

Not sure what is causing this. Try rebuilding the thread then forum counters, in that order:

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Update Counters

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Hi,

That did not fix the problem
                  Art is Life

-----------

Comment

Another issue Im having apart from the forum ordering being messed up is the posts in the threads themselves are showing oldest first...

I dont know whats going on with my forum I need to relaunch it and cant if its like this..
                    Art is Life

-----------

Comment

Then perhaps you should clear out the imported data and redo the import. Make sure you download the latest copy of Impex and use that since it is updated frequently.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

How would I clear out the data?
                        Art is Life

-----------

Comment

In the Import section there should be an option to clear out the imported data.

If not, then the only way to do this is to reinstall vB and start fresh.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

I'll consider this a last resort as I have spent the last 2 days updating the style and sorting the forum categories..

To your knowledge there have been no other people with this problem? Ive been searching all over the forum with no luck.
                            Art is Life

-----------

Comment

No, I haven't seen this problem before.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X