convert from IPB to vb, then merge with existing vb board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• convert from IPB to vb, then merge with existing vb board

is it possible to convert an IPB v2.1.7 to VB and then merge with a different vb forum?

okay. i have one forum running on ipb 2.17 and another forum on vb360.
    i want to convert the ipb to vb and then merge with the already existing vb board.

is it possible?
    how do i go about doing this?
    wha'ts the correct procedure for it?

Yes, it's possible. Please view the multiple import instructions here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/i...rsion=30501500
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

will the users from IPB have to change their password manually or they will be able login in the new VB forum using the same password?

also, any estimate of accuracy of the import?
      and will it auto merge forums if they happen to share the same forum name or it will create different ones?

finally, if you could provide some more info/links/tips on the merging part, would be great.

thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by tinjon View Post
        will the users from IPB have to change their password manually or they will be able login in the new VB forum using the same password?
        Since IPB2 passwords are encrypted, they cannot be imported. Your users will need to reset their passwords after the import. You can read more about this here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/i...rsion=30501500

also, any estimate of accuracy of the import?
        What do you mean? I don't understand.

and will it auto merge forums if they happen to share the same forum name or it will create different ones?
        It will create new forums which you can merge or rename later if you want.

finally, if you could provide some more info/links/tips on the merging part, would be great.

thanks.
        All I can point you to is the documentation:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/impex
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X