150 posts imported bad out of 507,000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 150 posts imported bad out of 507,000

I have finished a test import from PHPBB 2.0.19 to vB 3.5.4 and all 507,000 posts seemed to do fine. However, 150 or so ended up with dates from 1969 or 1970 and when you click on them they are empty. They seem to be from all over the place age wise. Some look old (2003) some look pretty new.

I tried to see if there was anything that was common amoung the 150 posts and it is possible that all of them were "reply locked" in the PHPBB system.

Could this be why they wouldn't "update" properly and show up with the 1969 date and empty?

Obviously, 150 posts out of 500,000 isn't bad and they would be super easy to delete because of those dates. But I was just wondering if I could do something to stop them from being orphaned when I do my real import.

Could these posts have been deleted posts or orphan posts or corrupt data or guest posts?

Comment

They aren't guest posts. The newer ones I remember were "Locked." I don't remember the older ones. They weren't problematic on the PHPBB website at all.

Comment

You say that you haven't done your "Real Import" yet so you could check the post IDs against those same post IDs in your phpbb forum to see what they were.

http://filesharingtalk.com

Comment

Check the importpostid, they are probally orphan posts.
          I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

OK, I took a look at the 1970 threads and went to the very end of the list.

I found a thread in my vB test import forum at the very end of the thread list and it was dated December 31, 1969 10:45pm.

Then I found the post in my real PHPBB forum. It's a working post from April 2003.

PHPBB Thread Id # 2346
            vB ImportedthreadId # 2423

PHPBB Thread Forum ID #18
            vb ImportedthreadId #1

Any ideas on why this thread ended up "orphaned?" In my PHPBB board it wasn't lost, inoperative, missing, locked or in any way unique that I can see.

As with all the threads that ended up like this when you click on the thread there aren't any posts at all associated with the thread.

By the way, I just counted and it was 66 theads out of 507,000 so it's not a big deal. I'm just trying to understand what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by creativepart View Post
              OK, I took a look at the 1970 threads and went to the very end of the list.

I found a thread in my vB test import forum at the very end of the thread list and it was dated December 31, 1969 10:45pm.

Then I found the post in my real PHPBB forum. It's a working post from April 2003.

PHPBB Thread Id # 2346
              vB ImportedthreadId # 2423

PHPBB Thread Forum ID #18
              vb ImportedthreadId #1

Any ideas on why this thread ended up "orphaned?" In my PHPBB board it wasn't lost, inoperative, missing, locked or in any way unique that I can see.

As with all the threads that ended up like this when you click on the thread there aren't any posts at all associated with the thread.

By the way, I just counted and it was 66 theads out of 507,000 so it's not a big deal. I'm just trying to understand what happens.
              I'd like to know too, as a forumid is a required bit of data for a thread !!

Either way, you can create a forum (note the id), then run this SQL :

Code:
              UPDATE thread SET forumid = X WHERE forumid = 0;
              And that will find them and put them in the forum just created.
              I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X