Big Boards who have converted IPB 2.1.6 -> vB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Boards who have converted IPB 2.1.6 -> vB

I have a VERY large forum on IPB currently, and I'm thinking about moving it.
    700,000 posts, 45,000 members.

After reading the threads, some people have had some problems on boards 1/1000th the size. But I haven't seen anyone with a large forum of this version make any posts about their conversion.

This HAS to work flawlessly, or I'm not going to do it.

Can anyone share any experience?

I've transfered many forums from IPB to VB (many much larger than yours) and had no problems. If you are on a shared server with limited processing power you might run into a timeout issue though.

If your on a shared server I'd suggest you download the DB to your local machine and perform the conversion there.

Comment

Originally posted by briansol View Post
      I have a VERY large forum on IPB currently, and I'm thinking about moving it.
      700,000 posts, 45,000 members.

After reading the threads, some people have had some problems on boards 1/1000th the size. But I haven't seen anyone with a large forum of this version make any posts about their conversion.

This HAS to work flawlessly, or I'm not going to do it.

Can anyone share any experience?
      Test, test and test again.

A lot of the issues you read about here are test's and when its reported, we deal with it.

Download ImpEx and test from a copy.

I've done imports from IPB and phpBB with well over a million posts no problem (I think about 3.5 mill is the biggest I've done from memory), took some time and more memory the better, though no different to a smaller board, just more of it.
      I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

I am on a dedicated box, so the server shouldn't be a problem. Thanks for the info guys. I will run a backup tonight and start playing on the weekend.

Comment

Set the PHP mem as high as you can and set the max_execution time to 0, i.e. none.
          I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X