database restored, no messages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• database restored, no messages

I restored database via shh/telnet, index page is ok. Then I updated counters, after forum thread counter update index page is empty. There are only names of the forum. I have done this several times and it happens every single time.

Database is there, because I can take database backup (70MB). What could cause this?

What do you mean the 'update index page is empty'?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

After I have restored database via shell-connection index page looks normal. If I go to control panel - update counters to update counters, after update last post, threads ans post info is disapeared from index page, there is just forum info.

Comment

What's the URL to your forums?

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Hou, I noticed, that impex didn´t import some tables because there was phpbb prefix or didn´t have phpbb prefix. So i think that I have to add those manually.

Comment

Will options, language and settings be saved to database. So that when I move my forum next time, i don´t have to fix them again?

Comment

Yes, all that data is saved to the database.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Hi, i still fight with this problem. Here is my forum: http://virtual28.nebula.fi/~seponkot...com/vbfoorumi/

No users or post anymore. They are in database, but even i renamed those tables that didn´t help. There is allways some id problem etc.

Comment

I see plenty of posts. As for the users, I would need to know exactly what you did - step-by-step. The info in this thread is not at all clear.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

I used vbulletin forum database backup feature. Then I transfered backup file via ftp to my home computer and then to new server. I installed new vbulletin forum and used bigdump to bring database in. That didn´t help, I had this problem. Then I uninstalled vbulletin and cleared database. After that I made clear vbulletin install and used shell connection to restore database. After that it was the same situation than after bigdump. In both times I did all those after import things what you always tell to do (updated counters etc.). Only thing that happend was that some information were disapeared. So this situation what I have now is before After import to do list. If you want I can update counters etc. but after that there is just more information missing.

Comment

The problerm may have been the backup via the 'vbulletin forum database backup feature'.

The only consistently reliable method of backing up and restoring a database is with shell access via telnet or ssh. Please see the instructions here:

Backup:
                      http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/m...nce_ssh_backup

Restore:
                      http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/m...ce_ssh_restore

This is because backing up with a PHP script like that in the Admin CP or phpMyAdmin can result in PHP timeout errors and an incomplete backup file.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X