• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager

• Steve Machol
    replied
    No, sorry. There is no function in vB to allow users to change their own names.

Leave a comment:

• cygy2k

• cygy2k
    replied
    Can you allow users to change their own user name? I have the same problem as above but I moved from SMF. I have 2,000 members so I would prefer not to have them contact me for the change but rather be able to themselves.

Leave a comment:

• Jerry

• Jerry
    replied
    The importer gives the option to import one or the other, due to way that vBulletin works you have to choose one.

Leave a comment:

• Colin F

• Colin F
    replied
    You'd have to modify the script to import the display name as well.

Seeing as users wouldn't be able to log in if you imported the Display Name directly, I also recommend importing the username.
    I'd also post an announcement telling people to contact you as the admin if they want to change their username. You can do this by editing the user in the AdminCP.

Leave a comment:

• Ian99

• Importing from ubb.threads -need advice on display names

Hi,

ubb.threads uses both usernames & display names.

For simplistic reasons we are probably going to have to keep the username as the login name - however is there anyway to save and copy over the display name and in fact display it on the posts?

What did others do when they imported?

How did they cope when often the login name bears no relevance to the name that they are know as.

Thankyou.