Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• art99
    replied
    One more thing Colin. Is it possible to get only the members, threads, posts, attachements from the old forum? In other words, how can I just copy those to the new site?

Leave a comment:

• art99
    replied
    Great!!! Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Colin F
    replied
    Go to your

AdminCP -> Attachments -> Attachment Storage Type

You'll be able to move the attachments to the file system there.

Leave a comment:

• art99
    replied
    Thanks Colin, that worked.... Well, it gave me an idea, to turn off the "plugins" option. That did it! Everything works fine. As far as the plugins go, I can reinstall the ones I like.

Also, working on a friend's forum (doing the same), I was able to restore all tables individualy, except for the table "Attachment". It is about 340MB. I was told to do this:

If an attachement is too big, it can't be imported.
    Go to the vbulleton configuration on the "old" server and tell the board not to store attachements in the database but as files in the filesystem.
    Then vbulletin will export all attachements to the harddisk of the server.
    Now you can do a new backup and the restore will work.
    Upload the data of your attachement-directory to the new server and everything will work.
    A database was not designed to store large binary data into it!
    I strongly recommend not to store attachements in the database.

How do I configure VB to save attachments as files?

Leave a comment:

• Colin F
    replied
    Well, 1 & 2 of your steps, like 1-4 of my steps are still doable I would assume.
    If those don't help, please set 'Display Public phpinfo()' to Yes in your vBulletin Options, and link to your forum, so that I can tell you if 5 or 6 are the problem.

Let me know if you need any help for 1-4, and what exactly you don't understand please

Leave a comment:

• art99
    replied
    Colin thanks for the help, eventhough your instructions, and the insructions I have found in other forums sound something like this:

Go to the moon! Follow this three easy steps:
    1. Get supplies for two weeks.
    2. Kiss your loved ones "good bye".
    3. Build a space shuttle (contact NASA if need more help).
    That't it! have a nice trip!

Well, I don't mean to be rude, but lots of us here are new to this stuff. If we knew how to do it, we wouldn't ask.

Leave a comment:

• art99
    replied
    Well, all I have is that backup. My actual site was erased as I tried to install the backup there too, but... same results.
    Is there any way to "revive" the site from this backup? All I need is the threads and members.

Leave a comment:

• Colin F
    replied
    The white pages are due to one of these causes:

1. You did not upload the vB files correctly. Reupload the vB non-image files and make sure you upload these in ASCII format and that you overwrite the ones on the server. Make sure you upload the Admin CP files to the admincp directory specified in your config.php file.

2. You do not have a config.php file in your includes directory. You need to copy config.php.new to config.php, then edit this file with the correct database info.

3. You have extra space or lines in your config.php file. Make sure there is no whitespace or extra lines in config.php either before the <?php or after the ?>.

4. Your PHP has magic_quotes_sybase turned on. You have to run this off. On *nix systems you can do this by creating an .htaccess file with this content and placing it in your main forum directory:

php_flag magic_quotes_sybase 0

5. Your PHP is not compiled with XML support.

6. Your PHP is not compiled with MySQL support.

Leave a comment:

• art99
    started a topic Restore.

Restore.

A little comfused.
    I installed vb on a backup(test server acct), then I restored my forum from a backup made with mysqldump into that new site. When I try to access it from the browser, all I get is a blank page. I can get into the admincp, optimize tables and... all other options, but even in the cp, when I click on a style in the style manager, all I get is a blank page.
    Any suggestions?
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X