Import couple questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Import couple questions

I am importing from a nasty version of Snitz... its old, and its been heavily moded by me over the years.

Couple questions.

My passwords are not coming in, read through the code I guess the import is looking for a hashed password - mine are not. I tried just pulling it straight in, but it puts something hashed into the database and doesn't work. Any help here is greatly appreciated.

Also I have lots of added custom fields in my snitz that i added. Like almost 60 of them. My question is should I create them in the users table in vb and ref them in the code like profiles etc... or should I import all the extra fields as custom fields in vb? Anyone have experience with this which is best method?

Thanks for the help in advance - ps the forums/posts/pms all came in great - love this tool

Originally posted by dkoepke
    I am importing from a nasty version of Snitz... its old, and its been heavily moded by me over the years.

Couple questions.

My passwords are not coming in, read through the code I guess the import is looking for a hashed password - mine are not.
    They are plain text ?

If they are, edit the file :

impex/systems/snitz/003.php

around line 134 you will see this :

Code:
    // TODO : Can it be saved ? looks like 2 md5's
    #$try->set_value('nonmandatory', 'password', $user_details['password']);
    // Put a random string in there for the moment
    [b]$try->set_value('nonmandatory', 'password', addslashes($this->fetch_user_salt()));[/b]
    Thats where I'm adding a random string for the password for the user.

If your passwords are plain text just replace those lines with :

Code:
    $try->set_value('nonmandatory', 'password',  $user_details['[b]password[/b]']);
    Where the password I've highlighted is the password field in your MEMBERS table.

I tried just pulling it straight in, but it puts something hashed into the database and doesn't work. Any help here is greatly appreciated.
    ImpEx will hash them during the import so they work with vBulletin correctly, thats normal.

Also I have lots of added custom fields in my snitz that i added. Like almost 60 of them. My question is should I create them in the users table in vb and ref them in the code like profiles etc... or should I import all the extra fields as custom fields in vb? Anyone have experience with this which is best method?
    It is possible to add the fields using ImpEx during the import, though it requires some more editing of the 003.php file.

If you modify the database directly you will invalidate your support.

Thanks for the help in advance - ps the forums/posts/pms all came in great - love this tool
    Thank you I love writing it, most of the time
    I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Thank you for your quick reply. I tried the password code and i cannot log in as one of the users after import Hmmm not sure why it would do that, seems pretty straight forward.

Any other ideas? I am sure the passwords are just straight text - its such and old version of snitz. (Maxwebportal).

I guess I will do the custom fields

Thanks for your help

Comment

If the passwords didn't work then they aren't plain text, have a read of this :

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/impex_passwords
        I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Strange, cuz when I look at them through enterprise manager I can read them

I noticed some line of code in one of the other imports / not snitz that said something about password already encrypted = true, would I need a false? or is it assumed?

Comment

Update, I had to modify the 001 file to actually select the m_password from the MSSQL forum_members to get the password out. I guess it was hashing nothing and storing that before. All worked perfectly now. THANKS!

Comment

Update, I had to modify the 001 file to actually select the m_password from the MSSQL forum_members to get the password out. I guess it was hashing nothing and storing that before. All worked perfectly now. THANKS!
              Ahhhhhhh MSSQL, I was assuming MySQL and didn't think of that, good thinking.
              I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Working...
              X