X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Importing from a backup.

Gentlemen.

In your instructions (ImpEx) you say:
    Make a back up of your source board and do the initial trial run import from that, not the live board.
    Copy your source data to the same machine that your development vBulletin is installed, be that a database (i.e. phpBB) or the files (i.e. ubb.classic).

I... don't quite understand that. Do I copy all directories from source board or just make a "MySQLdump"?
    After that, where do I copy that to? In the root directory of the target board?
    Do I create a folder to put them in?

Excuse my ignorance... I don't mind reading and experimenting but... transfering files (FTP) is time consuming, and after quite a few hours of copying, it is very frustrating to find out you have to do it all over again!

Thanks.

You'll only have to make a mysql dump. Import this into a new mysql database on your development server.
    Best Regards
    Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

It depends on your source system some are file based others are database, though you only have to copy the data once to test many times.
      I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Originally posted by Colin F
        You'll only have to make a mysql dump. Import this into a new mysql database on your development server.
        Thanks, Colin.
        What setting do I use in the impexconfig script, same as if it were in the remote server?

Comment

The source database settings will of course be those of the database you imported it into
          Best Regards
          Colin Frei

Comment

Hmmm... a little confused. The sql dump is placed in the root forum directory (in developement board). How is impex going to find it? does it need to be placed some place else?

Comment

The SQL dump has to be imported into a database, it's not enough to simply place the file in your file system.
              Best Regards
              Colin Frei

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X